YoYo's that have Stood the Test of Time- Must Haves in Every Collection

Any Buzzon and Dif-e-yo. Both companies made it more fun to experiment, and Dave and Dif were genuises.

The original Hitman, original Dark Magic, and the original Speeder. The Speeder especially since it was one of the first yoyos to include a thumb grind lip.

I do agree with the hitman and DM, but we also seem to forget the Mini Mo-trix was the first with double o-ring response. And it was small and awesome!

i’d say the dark magic 1

This is a tough thread to answer since in the Yoyo community some of the most popular based throws end up being “Pinnacles” in the eye of the throwers. I’ve been a part of the community for quite some time and thus I will give my opinions on some based throws I believe everyone should own…

I made a list of throws I believe from the many companies out there, there “flagship” based throws as well as other throws that everyone should consider getting for their collection due to the attributes the throw possesses.

-Super Yo Renegade.

-Duncan Freehand One (if you can still get them in original condition and unmodded)
-Duncan Freehand Zero
-Duncan Raptor
-Duncan Mayhem
-Duncan Pulse light ups
-Duncan Speed Beatles
-Duncan Cold Fusion

-Henry Vipers (The original kind before they came out with the Viper Neos)

-Yomega Raider (OG kind, not the Raider Ex)
-Yomega Fireball

-Spintastic Great White Shark
-Spintastic Tigershark G4

-Yoyojam Patriot/Journey
-Yoyojam Hitman (OG, 2003 versions)
-Yoyojam Spinfaktor series (original, 2, HG, SFX)
-Yoyojam Aquarius
-Yoyojam Night-Move series
-Yoyojam Bigyo

-CLYW Peak
-CLYW Cheif

-Onedrop Project (sodablast OG)
-Onedrop M1
-Onedrop 54
-Onedrop Code1

-Oxygene Oxy series (Any)

-Yoyofactory 888 series.
-Yoyofactory Grind Machine 2/Genesis
-Yoyofactory Supernova
-Yoyofactory Dv888
-Yoyofactory Velocity
-Yoyofactory plastic Star series (protostar, Starlite, North)
-Yoyofactory Replay (if you can get it, rare)

-Iloveyoyo E1NS series

-Chicoyoyo Bulldog
-Chicoyoyo Recurve

-3YO3 Omnicron x
-3YO3 Volume
-3YO3 Bassline

-Anti-Yo Eesit
-Anti-Yo Bapezilla
-Anti-Yo Ywet (2011 remake)
-Anti-Yo Visz/Bapezilla 2

-String Theory Remnant series
-String Theory Orion

-Recreational Revolution Octave series
-Recreational revolution

-Turning Point Leviathan Series
-Turning Point Positron

-Spyy Addiction series
-Spyy Dynamo

-Ten Yoyo Drop bear

-Xcube Stampede
-Xcube Steamroller
-Xcube Zeus

-Crucial Milk series (delrin/metal versions)

-Yoyorecreation Sleipner
-Yoyorecreation Stardust series

I know I’m missing some companies like Dif-e-yo and Hspin, but I was never once aquainted with any of their throws and I was going based on what was in stock for the YYE store. I hope I helped out a little.

Remember, everything is opinion based though, so don’t take my word for it.

1 Like

^

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

I feel bad because I left out other yoyo companies like Difeyo and Hspin but also companies now popular like C3yoyodesign. So I will have to further think about those companies throws to add to the list.

But when I think of “longlasting”…I think of what kind of impact it had on the community, the popularity of it, and the change it had overall.

Everything is always subjective so one will look at my list and say I am wrong and viceversa.

Like how I didn’t have a Duncan Butterfly on the duncan part.

For me Duncan Butterfly. Since 94’ I’ve had one around and it always got love and plenty of play. Plus its only 3 dollars at Walmart and you always have a reason to go there.

Everyone needs a Yomega.

Why?

So you can remember why you play with non-Yomega yoyos.

4 Likes

[quote=“Marcius,post:19,topic:40272”]
I think a better and more relevant reason would be because of the impact its design had on pretty much all modern yoyos. Nine years later, it can still go head to head with a lot of today’s stuff, because we’re just using Hitman clones anyway.

1 Like

Has nobody mentioned the protostar? That thing is great no matter what you say about yyf.

Also, the Dv888 is a must have.

Totally agreed. The protostar is an absolute beast at whatever you throw at it.

Two amazing throws.