Yoyos that are more about the having, than the using?

I own a General-Yo Magnum which is currently my most expensive yoyo I have and I still play it. Just over carpet haha. What’s the point of having a yoyo if you don’t play it. God Bless - Moefv

Then speak more clearly. This is a one-dimensional method of communication. Ensure you choose your words carefully to ensure people understand exactly what you mean.

I stand by my original statement. I’m not buying anything for “status symbol” purposes. I buy it because I want to play it. I got a Ti-5 coming in, not because I can say “ooh, look, I spent nutso-dollars on a titanium” but rather “I want this yoyo, I’m gonna play it, and I’m gonna take it to meets and I’m gonna let kids get a chance to play and enjoy a titanium yoyo”. I go to meets, open up my case and kids get to try stuff they’d normally never have access to, which helps them make better qualified purchasing decisions regarding high-priced yoyos. Parents don’t want to waste that kind of money without knowing, and kids who have to scrounge and save work darn hard, last thing they want to do is buy that high end throw, hate it, and then lose out on BST to go towards something else. I don’t see myself doing a “public service”, just making resources available.

If it ain’t worth playing, it ain’t worth owning. I could care less about status. I can have as much fun with a titanium Ti-5 as I can with an Asteroid or Lyn Fury or Star Brite. I buy for me, not for impressing others. I could care less about what others think. Heck, half the fun is sharing with others.

When I got my Sky Walker, first person I wanted to share this with was theroybit. Same with the KLR. I can’t wait to let the kids at YoLex try my TI-5, wet whistle, decapod and others I have coming in, in addition to my CLYW’s, One Drops, G-Squared throws and many others.

I think I’ve made myself clear. I want, I buy, I enjoy. Opinions of others: not concerned. Want to try my high-ticket throw? You bet!

It is hard to express over the computer.

From what I can see, the BSP was not designed for the player in mind. It was designed as a status symbol. This is the yo-yo that collectors can show other collectors and say, “look I have a titanium yo-yo”. I have a problem with that. Yo-yos should always be a player first and a looker second. I do not buy yo-yos as a status symbol. That is pointless. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll brag as much as the next guy when I have a rare one, but I would not buy that rare yo-yo in the first place unless it was fun to play. If you have to have a status symbol yo-yo then go ahead and pick up a BSP although check with me first, I can think of a couple better ones. As for me, I got into yo-yoing to have fun and the BSP causes me to have less fun. End of story.

This excerpt was taken from the “High speed yoyo” website review of the Antiyo BSP. i guess this kind of explains it better than i could have. i agree completely with him as i do with you other guys out there, I am just asking what yoyo’s you feel fall into the that Section, of status symbol over play.

why does it keep quoting what i say and posting it again?

Agreed! I don’t think the canvas, being artwork,should be throwed. Along with anything hand painted. It’s like playing kick the can with the Mona Lisa.

1 Like