yoyo's on airplanes

if anything make sure ur freind or family member comes with u and if they dont let u give it to ur whaever and theyll leave it at ur home and take what u can fit in your pockets

What happen if you put it in the checked luggage?? I don’t get it…

They don’t want to trust their yoyos to the baggage people and the ruffage of the flight.

Its harder to loose carry on than it is checked luggage. They loose that stuff all the time.

just bring like one yoyo? put it in your pocket. but if you must bring all of them. i can understand. 2 months is a long time. okay forget me. bring them all.

1% of all checked in luggage gets lost. not too much, but then again, how many people fly a day? thousands.

and also, yoyos were not invented as weapons. misconseption. they were invented as toys for the greeks and also they were used to calm the people on death row. doesn’t throwing a responsive yoyo down a couple times make you feel better? i guess the same goes for when you are gonna die.

Yes.

They weren’t invented as weapons, but were invented in like 1000 B.C. in Greece (or Rome maybe) as upper class “toys.”

let us not wonder. bring the yoyos! 8)

I put all my yoyos (4) in a backpack and they just scanned it a extra time and gave it back to me.

I know this is an old thread, but i was wondering if you could bring string, sarcasm alertbeing the menacing murder weapon that it is. Also, can you bring pliers or do you have to put them in checked luggage?

That’ll depend on the person checking. I brought pliers fine, but some people might not let them through.

When I went to Switzerland, I got scissors on the plane so I could take down…I mean make paper airplanes, but I couldn’t get them back, so it really just depends. Might as well try and explain you just need them for your yoyos if they ask or if they won’t let you through.

i use a modified pistol case for a yoyo case. I got the idea from Takeshi. He said that he only gets stopped at the airport once in a blue moon for his yoyos and it’s when the TSA officer recognizes a pistol case, asks him to open it, and when he sees yoyos inside he just lets him through.
There is absolutely no reason that a yoyo would not be allowed on a plane. If your yoyo case gets taken at security (assuming there are only legal objects in the case) I’m sure it would make national news if you were to pursue litigation, and bring much publicity to the world of yoyoing.

One time, when I was little I brought my metal model airplanes with me on vacation and the TSA officer stopped me, then looked in the bag and waved me off. Just show it to them and you will be fine.

when i went on the airplane with my case. they went through my case and held up the line for like 15 minutes.

I’m also going on vacation for two months and I’m
just going to put my whole yoyo case in my carry on.

keep spinning

yokaiyo

hmm… it may depend. how sharp are the matador spikes? lol, just kidding. i cant remember where but i think i read a post that said they wouldnt let him through. i forget what they did. uhh… hope that helped. :-\

I’ve done it many times without a problem. If any thing they open the bag and take another look at it.