Yoyo's and extreme temperatures

I’m thinking about choosing a yoyo to leave in the console of my car. Something like a One Drop Deep State or Virtuoso. I’m wondering about the effects of extreme temperatures. I live in Kentucky which has pretty average weather for the United States. A couple days will reach 100 and a couple of nights will reach -10.

Will temperature extremes affect the aluminum yoyo, the string, the ball bearings? It will be in the console. Not on the dashboard baking in the sun.

5 Likes

It will probably be fine.

1 Like

If your car’s melting or on fire, you should probably be worried.

3 Likes

Don’t park in front of this building:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/03/world/europe/uk-london-building-melts-car/index.html

Although I’m pretty sure that’s London, England, not London, KY.

3 Likes

I have had the sticky backing of response pads get loosey goosey after leaving them in a hot car. One popped right out after a few tricks/binds one time.

Flowable silicone would probably be different though, since the pads are pretty much adhered directly to the yoyo.

Other than that, should be fine.

4 Likes

Put it in a little drawstring bag if you’re concerned, then it won’t get scratched or collect as much dust.

2 Likes

I left my bape 2 in a car in Kansas for 3 years nothing wrong with it besides a little wear from sliding around.

4 Likes

Just watch it grabbing the yoyo on a hot day as aluminum is an excellent heat conductor.

I’ve left a yoyo in my car for a while as what I call a “I forgot to grab a yoyo to take with me today” yoyo…sat in my car as a backup for those days I forgot to grab one. Yoyo was fine, it was actually sitting in a small but open compartment in my car where it did get sun exposure.

Not sure how a bimetal would do with extreme temps though, particularly the cool temps. And definitely don’t do a polycarb yoyo with metal rings as you can expect it could crack.