Bearing damage

Alright so I ordered a yoyo from China.and I was wondering if the bearing can get damaged due to cold weather.i heard that was a thing and I just wanted to know if that’s even real and that I have to worry about it

2 Likes

once it arrives at your home do not let it sit on your porch if it’s cold and if your busy the least you could do is just set it on the inside of your door not the outside

2 Likes

Alright so you think I’ll be fine

2 Likes

How should I check

3 Likes

check what?

1 Like

If the bearing has been damaged

2 Likes

try putting two fingers on either side of the bearing and with your other hand spin it and see if it sounds bad sometimes beariings already sound bad but work fine so spin it with your fingers then i’d honestly just put it in a yoyo and see if that yoyo plays differently

2 Likes

Someone just answered this question for you in your other thread just minutes ago man.

2 Likes

Oh yeah really sorry bout that honestly forgot🤦‍♂️

1 Like

So just for my reassurance I shouldn’t worry about the bearing and other details and that my yoyo will be fine right?

1 Like

I’d like to hear your thoughts on this. What do you think?

3 Likes

Well I mean I just watched a YouTube video of Dylan Kowalski saying that sometimes his bearings get damaged from cold weather that’s why I got kinda panicked.but a lot of people buy yo-yos during this time and I’m probably overreacting.I think my yoyo will be in good condition

3 Likes

I agree. I’m sure it will be fine. I hope you can let yourself enjoy the yo instead of being hyper focused on finding something wrong with it.

3 Likes

Aight will do

2 Likes

Do we really need 7 thread on the same topic from the same user at the same time again? Hm? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

No.

I think he needs 8. At the least.

8 Likes

All I need to know now is what his favourite colour is in almost everything he posts.

5 Likes

LOL

(full sentence)

3 Likes

Playing in very, very (*) cold weather MAY damage a bearing but it’s not likely. If it was delivered on a cold day, no problem. Where you MIGHT see some affect is bringing it in from the cold to a warm room in which case you may get some condensation on the yoyo, but it’s probably NOT a big deal.

*like below zero deg F.

1 Like

I used to live north of chicago. I have thrown in temperatures well below zero. Like too cold to snow. Never had an issue. I can kind of see where it could happen with the metal contracting an whatnot, but i have not experienced it and do not believe it is likely.

1 Like