Is this normal?

I went to throw my rally today and noticed a lot of tiny cracks. kinda threw me off cuz this thing has never seen the ground. Pictures don’t do it justice. Not unplayable vibe but there definitely is some

I heard these being called “hairline marks” by one person. I think a person said this sometimes happens when they create them. I bought a Rally with these once, so yes, there are some out there with these. As for how many of em, I’m sorry I don’t quite know.

Unfortunately plastic and aluminum contract at different rates, thus leading to those stress cracks.

2 Likes

This. The ring are very tightly press-fit, so with changes in temperature and the metal ring expanding and contracting, these cracks can form (especially if you live in a country with either extremes of hot or cold weather).

My trusty Spring Rain has a few cracks in it as well by now. Hang in there little buddy! :-\

I think the problem is because you threw yourself, not the yoyo.
;D

Cracking has been a problem with many plastics with metal rings and such, yeah it’s because the aluminum and plastic expand and shrink differently, Yoyojam is notorious for this.

Do you maybe screw it on too tight?

… ???

^ This is the issue. As Rizki mentioned, it’s pretty common among plastics with metal weight rings.

Trust me, if you’ve ever tried to unscrew a brand new Protostar, you’d see just how tight these things can be screwed together without damaging them. :wink:

1 Like

Yikes :o I have a mango Rally as well, but I just got it brand-new a few weeks ago. I’ve never heard or seen of this issue with the Rally before. Any way to prevent this from happening?? I love this thing and I don’t want it to end up cracked! :’(

Keep it in a consistently controlled temperature zone.

Ie. leave it in your house and hopefully you have AC so that the temperature doesn’t fluctuate too much.

1 Like