yoyorecreation

So this past weekend I was at VA states and I finally got to try some yoyorecreations. I was impressed so I just ordered the Clash. Wanted to see if anyone else here recommends anything else from yyrec? I will probably add more to my collection if the Clash meets up to my expectation. I was thinking of more normal size like 55mm diameters or even undersize.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be helpful.

I felt the Sleipnir and Clash were too heavy. But the Messiah is one of my favorite undersized yoyos ever.

Acrophobias are also phenomenal. Though the outer ridge on the cups can be a bit obnoxious in your hand.

Also tried a E=mc^2. I liked that a lot too.

1 Like

The sleipnir is a slightly over sized yoyo, and it weights 65 grams…if that’s too heavy then I’m playing some damn heavy yoyos…

1 Like

I own a fragment and a 6. I love D bearings and those two are amazing! I plan on getting a Sleipnir here real quick, and if it ever comes out, a Perfectstar.

1 Like

Welcome to the club brother :slight_smile:

Honestly, the Clash is my personal perfect throw. And that decision was made when I thought for sure that my preferences aligned with light, undersized, and slightly wider throws. In my experience, there is no such thing as a bad YYR. Each model that they’ve made has its own unique character on a throw, even though the design profiles are often strikingly similar. So really what it boils down to is pick one that you think you’ll like, and you won’t be disappointed. My go-to reccommendation for newcomers is the Sleipnir if you’d prefer a more specific answer.

1 Like

I have only played one YYR, which is the Sleipnir I own. Its a fantastic yoyo and I highly recommend as it is my most played yoyo. Just wanted to mention that my Sleipnir weighs in at 66 grams, not the advertised 65. I bought it last summer. No idea whether all the new ones weigh the same or if the CNC was simply programmed incorrectly. It is definitely not a bootleg. I got it directly from Shinya Kido’s store in Japan in case anybody is thinking that I got a bootleg because of the difference. This is after they moved their manufacturing back to Japan (previously some were machined in China), according to what I read.

Anyway, it feels midweight to me but with a moderately light feel on the string. Fairly speedy when pushed, yet very comfortable when slowed down.

1 Like

I want to play with a Messiah really bad…you should get one

1 Like

I have a Stargazer, and it plays absolutely amazing. Fast, stable, smooth. One of my favorite yoyos. It’s such a shame good pads for it are so hard to find. I have IrPads in it, but for some reason they’re really sucky. All my other IrPads have worked great, but these ones just are slippy and annoying.

1 Like

You can’t really go wrong with a YYR. Personal favourite at the moment would have to be my Stargazer. Mid-size (54mm), zippy, buttery smooth, stable, and just a beautiful clean design.

In summary, my recommendation would be to get all the YYRs (funds permitting) but if pressed to pick just one, I’m going Stargazer.

Yuki

1 Like

The Blink is an amazing yoyo, you should look into it.

I was skeptical at first, because I see E=mc2’s all the time, and even on Japanese YYR boards, the E=mc is discussed more.
The Blink is one of my favorite 52mm’s I’ve owned. I can’t throw my Bape2 anymore, because I’m spoiling myself so bad with the Blink. Super fast, super stable, light but hits hard, and it just floats all over the place while being really zippy.

The 6 is like a denser version of it, but much smaller. So so fun to play, stable as heck, it’s definitely more fun to throw than the Blink.

You won’t regret it if you buy any one of them.

1 Like

I guess I will be waiting and give some feedback once I get the CLASH!!

I think yoyoexpert will carry some more soon, so hope to pick some more up from them. But I can’t think of any other US stores that carry too many.

I know you are close to dc/md/va … come out to our meet sometime ;D

Sleipnir is the quintessential YYR but I think it’s helpful to look at the play styles of the pros that use the Sleipnir to see if it suits you.

I got a Re-Clash today and I love it! Fantastic player. The shape may seem funny online, but in your hand and on the string it feels awesome. I also received a blink which plays spectacular as well. YYR is the real deal!

Might have to add a Blink to my collection next. Those new gradation anos look great.

Yuki

I currently own an Acrophobia and an E=Mc^2. The E=mc^2 is hands down my favorite yoyo of all time. On paper the 69 grams seems outrageous, but it’s super zippy and the momentum carries it very well. It’s just something you have to try to believe.

The Acrophobia is great, too! I like how wide it is, and I like the weight, but Links was right about the edge being a little sharp. It’s just something you get used to. It’s weird because on a throw it doesn’t feel very powerful at all, but the spin times are insane. It’s almost too light and too floaty at the same time, and doesn’t really give me the oomph I want at the end of the string. Also, it’s the best yoyo for horizontal I’ve ever tried.

I owned a Sleipnir for a time and it’s by far the overall best playing yoyo I’ve ever put into my hands. It plays very fast and feels very light on the string to me. While providing spin times that eat any combo you could possibly throw at it. I just think the E=mc^2 and Acro are more fun.

Had a Dreadnought for a bit and got kinda tired of it. It played well, but it was too big and too heavy. I hit 79 Eli hops in a row on it. In one throw, without missing.

You can’t really go wrong with YYR. The price is steep but justified to me. Once you get one though you won’t be able to go back to the other companies.

On a side note I’m looking for a Blink. So if you have one for trade hit me up.

This was exactly my experience. My bag used to be full of throws from CLYW, OneDrop, GeneralYo, etc. Once I threw my first YYR, I knew I would never look at my old throws in the same way. Now my bag is full of YYR, Yoyo Monster, YoyoJoker etc; with the occasional Avalanche or GZR 54…

Yoyorecreation, because of the number of different, innovative models as well as the quality of each; is the best yoyo manufacturer we have today.

I finally got my CLASH!!! man this thing is amazing. I thought i wouldn’t like it because of the 59.5 diameter but its really not that much bigger to notice, unlike my H5 which you can definitely notice.

Anyways, I am glad I got it!!! I have been bugging André and he sorta said that they might be restocking some YYRecs here soon. I hope he does. With that thought in mind, what should be my next yyrec? I was thinking the Sleipnir or something similar.

Sleipnirs are crazy good, and it’s not too hard to find an old one on the bst. Go for it!

Speaking of which, if anyone has a sleipnir or an acrophobia, PM me and I’d love to buy it!