Yoyorecreation triad review

Who cares about “vibe”? I remember when the “CLYW vibe” was a good thing :slight_smile:

What does that have to do with yo-yo play? Do you find that you miss tricks because of “vibe”. I have a Triad that has a bit of “vibe”; the other two are smooth. So what? In what way is the performance compromised by a vibration? This thing spins like a Sturm Panzer and moves like Gnarwhal. I’ll take that any day.

What good is a “smooth” yo-yo that has half the performance?

Vibe? Like… Who cares?

I think he means you should not take part to a “vibe lottery” when spending 80 bucks on a plastic yoyo

1 Like

So Triad or Antagonist?

I think I said: who cares about vibe?

You are hitting the jackpot with performance.

Performance is fine but I have dozens of yo-yos that perform better. Not even close to “the jackpot”. So unless I enjoy it there’s no point in owning an inferior yo-yo. I was expecting a nice plastic that played well and was enjoyable. With that level of vibe it’s simply not enjoyable to me compared to my other throws. And for $80 YYR should have better quality control. As much as people say they don’t care about vibe, many do, as evidenced by vibey yo-yos being harder to sell. YYR knows this. There’s no excuse for the poor quality control on this model. Saying nobody cares about vibe is just an evasion.

Resubmit

I agree that vibe is not an issue. The only reason why I mention the smoothness, or lack there of, in my reviews is because I know the readers have a different take on the issue and want to know. At the same time, I can see people nailing a yo-yo they perceive as expensive for having vibe. They are basing their observations on lower priced yoyos that are performing at a superior level in their opinion.

My personal view on vibe is that if it doesn’t hurt the play then I don’t care. One of my favorites from the past was a rejected prototype that a company sent me along with the release version that had a crazy pulse to it… still was insane amounts of fun and always made me smile and at the end of the day THAT is all I need from a yo-yo. ;D

I prefer the Antagonist but it has vibe issues as well. I really like its shape and feel though.

That said, I’d guess that most people would prefer the Triad since people’s judgments tend to align with hype and the Triad has infinitely more hype.

Please enlighten me. Which plastic or plastic/metal hybrids do you have that out perform the Triad?

I didn’t say they were plastic. But I’d be surprised if such yo-yos did not exist. I simply don’t own many plastic yo-yos. In fact I’ve tried 3 plastic models including the Triad (not counting 2A and 4A yo-yos). I honestly like both of them (the Diffusion 2 and Antagonist) better but I won’t argue they “outperform” the Triad in a generic sense.

Obviously you like the Triad and so do a lot of people, but I am certainly not alone in the opinion that it’s overpriced and disappointing.

Might I suggest giving the crazy d a look? It’s very similar in shape to the phaser and I think you’d enjoy it. It’s my current favorite throw for now.

■■■■■■■■■■■ is actually selling them and that is where I got it. This yoyo is really worth i if your budget allows it. It just really outperforms a lot of throws I have played.

I know for sure that YYR can sell yoyos that are ridiculously vibey. Vibe, up to a certain point isn’t bothering, but it can also take out all of the pleasure of throwing a yoyo

I think I pointed out that plastic and plastic/metal hybrids was what I was talking about. If you read my post you will find that I made that very point in a response earlier. You are right that some Triads, like all plastic production yo-yo’s have a bit of vibe due to their production being in a mold and not on a CNC lathe. Calling that a fault is hard to understand. It is the nature of the beast. Even the Rally, which is finished on a lathe, has a bit of vibe.

I will try to be clearer: The Triad, in my opinion, is the best performing plastic or plastic metal hybrid yo-yo that I have played. Its performance is very much like the Draupnir, but with much less cost. It is plastic/metal at its very best.

I do agree that the Diffusion 2 is a close 2nd for me. It too, is an amazing throw that you do not have to sweat dinging either. Like the Triad, I use it daily for practice and learning. I have a Diffusion 2 in my desk at work. The Triad is relatively loud. I would compare the noise to the YYF Protostar or the Rally. The Diffusion 2 is almost silent.

We d just stop with all these ‘‘best plastic’’ derping, it s just derpless.
I own the triad, the phenomizm, the speeder2, the addiction for a brief period, and have thrown the TopYo Atomization, leaving pretty much only 1 contender that is the Views Sunshine.

I might describe the triad as the most well rounded to the general public, but giving all these afmentioned to some person who has developed a clear preference for style, I cant imagine the chance of the triad being picked be higher than any other one. It isnt as nimble as the izm, as responsive (pun intended for dat gap width) as the sp2 and as solid as the atom; however, its more powerful than the izm, more forgiving than the sp2 and more agile than the atomi.

also derp
The triad might be overpriced, but not by as much as the phenomizm was. u mad yyj

Before the post got cleaned up someone had asked why people were calling the Triad vibey. I figured I would repost what I said in case others had a similar question.

The vibe could be caused from inconsistencies during the molding process. The plastic could have pooled a little heavy on one side of the yo-yo causing it to go off balanced. If it is bad I would contact the company, most have great quality control and customer service.

Have you ever played with a Magicyoyo D5 Dark Sprite? If you do you will realize that there is no need to spend $ 80 to have a great hybrid yoyo (with the D5 you can choose to have it in plastic or delrin).
You wrote that with a Triad can not play how one Sleipnir … the D5 instead has a feeling very similar to a full metal yoyo and the two that I have, a cristal and a delrin (one is print and then lathing the other), no one hasn’t the slightest vibration, plus they have a good blasted finish.

P.S. I’m not 14 years old, I’m 37 years old, though I do not like throwing my money away.