Yoyorecreation Double Release! Overdrive Draupnir & Onslaught!

I missed one, wow. How many did you guys have in stock?

1 Like

Probably 13 Onslaught and 7 Overdrive Draupnir

1 Like

Short answer: Kengo Kido is a modern yo-yo design genius.

Your question tells me that you do not have any YYR yo-yo’s. If you did; you would know the answer.

YYR charges more because their yo-yo’s have higher performance than other yo-yo’s. Why does every Draupnir sell out almost as fast as they are listed? Hype? No, it is design and performance. YYR charges more because their yo-yo’ are better designed; and people are willing to pay for that.

3 Likes

TBQH the dazzler in my experience doesn’t play any better than a Ti-Vayder or Evora :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

And I think it is a toss-up as to which is the “better” yoyo, the Draupnir or the Hummingbird. I have both and personally I prefer the Hummingbird. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Interesting. I have owned all three of these. I have the opposite opinion.

I loved the play of the Evora, but the performance just was not there. The Ti-Vayder, is a bit of a brick on the string and loses its spin relatively quickly. It does not have the exquisite combination of float, speed and performance of the Ti-Walker (which I also own). The Dazzler, however, has superb performance that reminded me of the Ti-Walker. Its only drawback is its relatively generic play.

That is what is great about yo-yo’s though. There is no accounting for taste. Your opinion is as relevant as mine. Cheers.

1 Like

I was not implying the Draupnir is the “best”. The Hummingbird is a fine yo-yo for sure. What I was saying is that overall, YYR has consistent, high-performance designs that people are willing to pay a premium for.

1 Like

I don’t know where you are getting the information you said “ FPM” & referred to it as china machine shop? Unfortunately FPM is Foxland Precision Machinists & run by a gentleman named Alvin in Tennessee!

1 Like

Probably referring to Fenghuida Precision Manufacture Co.

3 Likes

There are 2 manufacturers with the same FPM monicker? Wow… another ART monicker mix-up and it sure got me… my bad!

1 Like

Well, I can only go by the text I read. You said that YYR yoyos are priced higher because they are better designed and have higher performance. The Draupnir is roughly twice as expensive as a Hummingbird, and by your assertion, the primary explanation for this is that the Draupnir is better designed and higher performance. I don’t happen to find that to be true, and neither its design nor its performance justify its 2x price tag, IMO.

3 Likes