Draupnir killers

Can any yoyo hold its own against the Draupnir and its reputation? The general opinion is pointing towards no…

OneDrop Søvereign?

PM Me if you have a B!ST Tondo F/T

Any new bimetal by YYR might.

I sold my Draupnir when I got a TiWalker, I just felt it was better. However, take that with a grain of salt, as I am partial to smaller diameters.

2 Likes

Masamune by sengoku
Flash by unparalleled

Still in love with my Draupnir, favourite of all time.

Lol at topic title

by reputation? I think no
by price to performance ratio? another story…

There are plenty of yoyos that compete on performance.

There is nothing that competes on hype.

6 Likes

Really? What hype does Yoyorecreation put out? Where are the legions of Yoyorecreation fanboys taking to social media every time a new yo-yo drops from the manufacturer whether it is good or not?

I have never seen any Yoyorecreation “hype”. The only “hype” comes from the gloriously satisfied customers that buy their products and relate their experiences to others. When has the opinion of these people turned out to be wholly false?

The Draupnir not only stands up to all other yo-yo’s, it also backs up the praise from its users. Even with its reputation massively advertised, it still manages to live up to expectations.

Who has ever been “disappointed” by their purchase of Yoyorecreation products (OK; other than the original Diffusion)?

Do you actually just look for reasons to get angry about things? Are you under the impression that hype means something is bad? You can have something great and still hype it… hype is excitement and sometimes being overly enthusiastic.

It’s probably THE most talked about modern yoyo there is, and every yoyo that comes out is compared to it by every kid on every forum, even ones who have never touched one. If you haven’t seen the legions of kids who put YYR on a godlike pedestal, you aren’t looking.

It’s a great yoyo… it isn’t a yoyo that is automatically just better than everything ever.

Kyle

5 Likes

What a cool response to what I thought was a thoughtful posting. I am not getting angry; what made you think I was? Do you see a problem with your position and you feel you need to lash-out? It is OK.

Hype, to me, is the artificial creation of an artificial “buzz” based on a manufacturer encouraging their team members and related parties to begin to speak favorably about a yo-yo, regardless of whether the person “hyping” the yo-yo has played it or not. Thy will tell you that the yo-yo is the “bees knees” no matter what. The way the yo-yo plays is immaterial to the praise that will be given it. Why? it is about supporting the brand.

Yoyorecreation, to my knowledge, does not participate in this exercise like other brands do: CLY *cough * W is a great example. What does Chris do for a living again? He makes yo-yo’s? No, he tried that. Now, he “hypes” (oh yeah; markets) things online. That is “hype”; that is called advertising. It has nothing to do with whether the product is good or not. It is about creating an image to make sales.

Your definition of “hype” seems to revolve around people are talking about it. That is not hype. Hype is all about deceit. With Yoyorecreation, the is excitement over the purchase of a superior product and is based on EXPERIENCE with the product - not image or someone else’s perception.

Perhaps you have a bit of excitement anxiety? Perhaps you wish you had made the Draupnir?

You’d think in 50+ years on planet Earth, you’d learn how to make a simple point without such blatant disrespect.

Chris could’ve done a lot of things with his life. He could’ve continued going on happily as an engineer. He could’ve pursued a career in fitness education. Maybe in this beautiful hypothetical, Chris turns to crime. He becomes a drug dealer. Or a gang kingpin. But no! He makes yoyos for a living. Pretty good ones too.

Why? Why does Chris make yoyos? I don’t know. I haven’t asked him. Maybe he wants to feed his family. Maybe he really loves our little “loving” yoyo community. Maybe he makes yoyos so old men can deny the fact that he makes them.

Whatever the reason, let it be KNOWN, Chris Mikulin makes yoyos. They just happen to sell out. Hold it against him. Say he doesn’t make them. Don’t give him credit for a honest day’s work. Make funny jokes. But rest assured, you’ll be the only one looking silly.

And some kid somewhere will be enjoying a yoyo (return top) made (designed) by Chris Mikulin. Good day (nite) sir.

Disclaimer: I am not a CLYW fanboy or Chris’ attorney.

4 Likes

I dont think you need to get such agressive,i mean…you dont have to attack Chris.HE MAKES return tops.CLYW is hype?ammm,yeah , ofcourse,they have only amazing products at the moment,so,when a new product comes up everybody expects it to be amazing.I dont think you’ve thrown a CLYW.
If you can make return tops that are as good as CLYW’s ,with that ano,and be very responsive to customers,because everybody appreciates a good customer service,then,you’ll become as famous as CLYW is.Oh-you also have to put your hearth in what you do…and…sience your response…i think you like to kill others hearths more.-Call me a CLYW fanboy,but,your response was just,you know

Well, it starts from people defining hype differently. I’d agree with Kyo that hype isn’t necessarily negative. But if you define it as always negative, something like bad product with ‘smart’ marketing strategy, then it’s also true that Yoyorecreation is not about ‘hype’ in this sense.

1 Like

Apparently you’re one of them.

Absolutely the best response of the year👍

I don’t know how many of you guys have seen the movie, ‘In Search of the Holy Grail’ (Monty Python).

But there is a scene where this lone black knight guards this small path. He will not let, even the King, pass.
He feels compelled to fight anybody at any cost…“No Man Shall Pass”.

Yoyogeezer also seems to feel compelled to defend the Draupnir against All comers. Against any thoughts or suggestions or inclinations by anybody; that might entertain the thoughts or ideas that something might be better than a YYR Draupnir🤔

Not one person from the Company or from their Team will step into the Mosh Pit. Yoyogeezer is the Hostile knight up to defend the honor of an inanimate object😳
His aggressive posturing actually makes the yoyo seem like a little arrogant bully.

Instead of just enjoying throwing yoyos; let’s argue about the fear of actually liking other yoyos more.

You can like any yoyo you want but don’t make the mistake of not being a Draupnir Disciple.

The good news is he picked out a great playing yoyo.

The bad news is there are many excellent yoyos available today and ‘Challenging all’ that may feel adventure and enjoyment with anything other than a Draupnir is pointless.

The Draupnir is a great yoyo. But it certainly doesn’t need a Public Relations attorney swinging a Sword of Honor.

Yup…

2 Likes

I don’t know why but your profile picture just fits so well with this sassy comment.

1 Like

Grown men fighting over toys. It’s too commonplace to even seem ironic. ::slight_smile: ;D

Who is fighting?

1 Like