Yoyorecreation Overdrive Draupnir & Inevitable Restock! New Colors!

7 Likes

Wow 12 black Overdrive Draupnirs!

1 Like

Anyone wanna buy my spare kidney? I don’t need it, but I do need green Draupnir!!

4 Likes

That blue-ish green is about the only shade of green I actually kinda like on a yoyo. These throws look very classy.

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree more!

5 Likes

Dat blackout doh. So hot right now.

4 Likes

Is the Inevitable brand new, or was it previously released and this is just a restock?

5 Likes

It’s a restock. I have one, it’s a great Yoyo. A little more laid back than the overdrive, not as locked in feeling. The inevitable feels much better in the hand.

7 Likes

Any of you own a Overdrive Draupnir? How do you like it? Is it among the best throws you own? Is it worth the money you spent on it?
Help talk me out of thinking I need a nearly $200 yo-yo!

3 Likes

Don’t do it dude

Didn’t you just buy a Kuntosh and say you dipped into money you shouldn’t have spent? I’d say wait until you find a yo-yo that you really really want regardless of color and don’t need community input to be sure about. And anything over ~150$ that isn’t titanium is probably not worth it. (Yes guys even the Triptych)

5 Likes

I own a Draupnir and a Draupnir Overdrive (along with an Onslaught, Anomaly, and Inevitable)

The Overdrive is the most stable, longest spinning yo-yo I have ever played, no question. It is my second most played YoYo after my Anglam (which has been my main throw for 4 years).

It sacrifices speed compared to the Original Draupnir, but TBH the original Draupnir is a bit too fast for my taste.

Sorry I couldn’t talk you out of it, because I really think it is the best performing yo-yo money can buy.

5 Likes

But who needs money for rent and food when they can have shinny new toy?

TBH I’m really not looking at a Overdrive atm…maybe if I was better at yoing…or maybe I can look into picking one up here after I land a dream job I’m gunning for. But honestly haha…I’ve got so many shiny new toys already that I’m loving.

Also…

Dang it Moby!!! >:( lol

2 Likes

The one i got was the purple because it was the only one available. The Purple looks good, but as soon as I see another colorway I really like, I’m 100% going to buy a second Overdrive. This will be the first time I’ve ever owned two of the same kind of any high-end yo-yos.

2 Likes

What would be your personal ideal color?
The green with black rims is drool worthy in my eyes.
Have they ever made a red with black rims that you’re aware of? I think that’d look amazing too.

2 Likes
  1. Yes
  2. See 3
  3. Yes
  4. Yes

If you want premium power, it’s 100% worth it. :ghost:

3 Likes

It will be the best performing throw you’ve ever used

3 Likes

Seems convenient that Good Life’s most expensive yoyo is just under $150 :eyes:

4 Likes

Do either of you own a G2 Banshee? Preferably a 2018 AL7?
How does it compare to that beast? Because to me…my Banshee is a damn near perfect throw.

Actually I’m thinking eventually Kido will do some sick engravings. My regular Draupnir looks like this, I’d love something similar. May be a while though til he gets to that.

BTW I’m absolutely convinced Kengo Kido has found a sound reproducible scientific way to measure a design’s stability and spin time. There is no other way to explain what he is doing. More than one person I’ve let try the Overdrive has within a couple of minutes said basically, “Holy crap, this thing spins forever!”

3 Likes

I can guarantee this. The OD is so powerful that I’m genuinely afraid of binding after a decently hard throw.

2 Likes