Yoyorecreation Overdrive Draupnir & Inevitable Restock! New Colors!

That’s exactly how I feel about my '18 AL7 Banshee. I was just playing it today and was dumb founded at how many repetitions of rewind I was able to do with it (6 in a row…and that was with a tight bind at the end).

That’s an excellent point and 100% true, although I’ve never really thought about it before… It’s almost subconscious but I do realize that I’m often like “Yeah, I should probably do another trick before I bind.”

I also intentionally throw softer sleepers when I am practicing a trick that has I higher potential for an unwanted/unexpected bind.

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

Nothing to see here

2 Likes

:joy: I really gotta try a Good Life one of these days with all the hype you’ve been giving them

2 Likes

Their bimetals are great, you get the stability and spin time without them feeling like a brick like extreme rim weighted bimetals. They’re both a little under 64gs too.

2 Likes

I don’t know how the AL7 Banshee compares to the Banshee SS, but what I can tell you is that there really isn’t a comparison. The OD is shaped for pure performance, no frills, no cuts, just a straight-V shape with thin walls, big rims, and a slightly bigger diameter.

To me, it’s not really a question if it’s worth the money or not. When you buy a product like this, you’re not just paying for the raw materials or the production costs, you’re paying for years of top of the line yoyo designs, one of which has been one of the top contenders for best yoyo of all time. It’s worth the money. The real question is are you willing to pay $180 for a yoyo, imo. Some people are, and some people aren’t. Both sides are perfectly valid.

3 Likes

Well said.

1 Like

Maybe it’s the shape or the fact that the rims on the OD are black idk but I like the look of the green Inevitable but I think the green OD is ugly even though the shade is like the same I think :man_shrugging:

Anyone else?

2 Likes

I voiced this same opinion a couple months ago! The green OD with black rims is one of the worst colorways I’ve ever seen tbh

1 Like

I’m always kinda surprised that green isn’t more of a popular colorway. I remember there being a thread here asking what everyone’s favorite colorways were and tons of people didn’t even have green in their top 5.

Just a very subjective thing.
In my eyes, the green/black OD is one of the best I’ve seen.
That dark forest green of the Inevitable though…man I love that color!

3 Likes

I like green yos! Just not the OD :joy: it’s gotta be the black rims idk

2 Likes

Its not a draupnir tho lol

1 Like

i hope the black OD Draupnir will still be in stock next month cuz i’ve gone overbudget for August :joy:

3 Likes

The Overdrive is a beast and definitely one of the best performing yo-yos money can buy. I’d definitely recommend it. But if any of you think it spins forever, you should try a Hydrangea - Ulmus or a Turning Point - Sancti Grail.

1 Like

0.0’

5 Likes

The Overdrive is an exceptional performer, but it is not my favorite bi-metal. I don’t even place it in my top 5. But that’s not because it isn’t great, but merely because there are other bi-metal throws I like better for reasons having nothing to do with pure performance (e.g., shape, weight, feel, etc.). In fact, I find myself reaching for my Anomalies far more often than my Draupnir or Overdrive Draupnir.

3 Likes

It’s a fair point, obviously there is more to like about a throw besides raw performance. That said, I think it’s good for people to have a throw like that in their collection if only because it can make learning some tricks easier. All of that said, I do think the Overdrive manages to retain some unique character and it is surprisingly more comfortable to my hand than I expected which is why I use it so much.

The Anomaly is an elegant and sort of graceful throw in the way the Draupnir is, and honestly I didn’t expect to like the Inevitable as much because it is a bit middle-of-the-road but it plays great and does almost everything really well.

3 Likes

Oh, I agree with that 100%.

It’s just that I would aim people in the direction of, say, a Hummingbird or a Surveillance instead and save them $40-50.

3 Likes

I need an Anomaly… or two

1 Like

THATS WILD

I can’t even get that with some yoyos with a super hard throw

Edit: just saw the weight. I understand now :joy:

1 Like