YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

…lots…of…expensive…yoyos…

My friend used to own a Gleipner that was nickle plated. Is that a Gleipner in that picture? The one in the bottom left.

I think so.

Yes it is. Originally mine, raw, mirror polished (rather magnificently if I do say so myself), sold to Bud who started this thread and got it nickel plated, then I believe it was sold to yomagic who seems to still own it today. Needless to say it’s been around the block a bit.

My friend had it for about a month or two, then traded it to someone at MA States I think. I believe xXKingdomXx was his forum name.

I got it from Aznboyaz so it has switched hands a bit but I really like it and its a great throw

Sounds like a game of hot potato lol. Does it wobble? When my friend had it, it wobbled crazy bad.

With some tuning I got it decently smooth, well smooth enough for it not to bother me. It has a little vibe on grinds and pretty smooth on the string. With out tuning it does wobble but its great when tuned

Such a pretty yoyo. Nice snag.

really loving my 6. so smooth and nimble. Loving the size as well!

Seriously, how does the fragment play?

I’ve wanted one since I discovered YYR
Needless to say a while ago.

I’d love to get my hands on one

I have no idea man, I hear it’s pretty sick. I’m digging the new D-bearing YYR’s.

If anyone out there has a Fragment, preferably anoed, I’d gladly give my Blink up for it.

It plays great! I thought the weight would damper but the spin time, but I haven’t noticed any problems. amazingly stable and fast!! Would definitely recommend it to any one looking for a D bearing beast!!

If you ever need to find a new home for that thing
I will trade you so well for it you don’t even understand

Can’t tell you much about the Fragment but I do have it’s brother the Uragment and thedeadyo’s description of the Fragment is dead right.

Yuki

How’s the Urgament then?

I thought it felt like a smaller, denser Gleipnir.

Super fun

Interesting shape. Zips around from string to string like nobody’s business and surprisingly stable for something that light.

Yuki

How on earth do they come up with these weight distributions?! Its crazy smart

Witchcraft and/or alchemy.

Yuki