YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

He was talking about C3

Is this true? I thought i remember David from OD or someone saying 7075 stock was considerably more expensive. They also said though that it wasn’t harder to machine or caused excess wear and tear which was interesting as that’s what most people think. Slightly more difficult to anodize, however looks like C3 figured that out just fine.

Found the post:

From my research though it looks like at most the stock costs 2x the price, and there can’t be more than $10-$20 of aluminum in a yoyo, right? But then again OD have always been fair with prices and the GZR line was substantially more expensive, so i’ll trust them on that.

lol thanks for reposting the YYSR warning…? We’re all aware. We’ve just thread-jacked to talk about Shinya’s new 7075 C3, the Krown, while we wait for more YYR news to surface. However we’re also wondering what material or design is in the Draupnir to lead to such a price increase, or it could just be with the weak Yen they think they’ll export them at that price for no problem, but still surprising. Guessing there’s something hiding in there. Titanium insert? Weight ring we can’t see? Special axle system?

its the pretty font they put draupnir in

lol $50 extra well spent then. I know YYF Ben picked one up, maybe he’ll give us some info at some point.

i think that it is possible if you look at the hub that says draupnir it looks kind of possibly removable maybe an axle system like stax or side effects

It actually looks a lot like the Fragment/Uragment hubs:

oh i see maybe its a combination of all the best elements in their past yoyo like the essence

You’re not paying for the aluminum, you’re paying for world-class, top-of-the-line designs.

True, but as Nathan said you pay more for them because of the type of aluminium, which we know makes little difference performance wise.

Cost wise, I did some shopping and a 2.5’ x 2’ x 2’ (inches) block of 6061 aluminium costs $24, and the same block of 7075 costs $26. That’s only a $2 difference, yet companies will easily ramp up the price 10-15+ dollars more for it.

I don’t mind paying a bit more just because I like the Shinyness of 7075, but I completely understand where Nathan is coming from.

Disclaimer: this may all depend on the exact alloy though, both 6061 and 7075 come is many many different forms so there may indeed be larger price differences depending. I don’t claim to be a metalworking expert but I can’t imagine that the price varies too much though.

Leave this picture for my peeps!

Names of each? I see a messiah and overdrive but that is just about all can see without the profile.

Messiah, Stargeyser, Blink
E=mc2, E=mc2, Overdrive

Messiah, Stargeyser, Blink
E=mc2, Blink, Overdrive

Just because I haven’t read much about the Attune, I’ll leave this here for those that are curious: the Attune plays remarkably like a metal Diffusion. Proportionally they are the same, with the Diffusion being about a mm larger in both width and diameter. Also the Diffusion is heavier by a few grams. On spec, sure they’re different, but they play like metal/plastic brothers. The Diffusion is my favorite plastic right now so it’s pretty sweet to have a metal counterpart.

In general, I’ve noticed that for a plastic to play similarly to a metal of comparable size and shape, the plastic needs to be heavier than the metal by a few grams.

My Attune and its Diffusion brothers:

Oooh! So close :stuck_out_tongue: How’s the Blink compare to the E=mc2?

Blink: Floaty, Perfect balance of speed and maneuverability, Great spin times, Smooth, very good throw

E=mc2: Hefty but not sluggish, amazing stability, solid on the string but can still be pushed to move pretty fast, Really good spin times as well.

These both are the same yoyo except the weight and of course opposite play. They are both different but are definitely my favorite 52mm Diameter throw I’ve ever owned

Well that’s good to know. Thanks! I also have noticed that the E=mc2 has a biiiit too much weight behind it. I bet I’d like the Blink more.

I’m surprised YYR hasn’t put out a Ti model yet. They should get on that.

When I first saw this I assumed that the lighter inner-ring next to the hub was a laser engraving since it appeared to be the same color as the Draupnir engraving. Is it laser?

The more I look at it, the more it looks like it might be some other metal. Or, am I just imagining? …

No reason for me to be here, as I never plan on getting a yyr nor do I own one, but I think its Ti.