YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

I’m looking at that weight and thinking that thing will be balls-to-the-wall fast.

Yuki

I feel your anger, having been misled like that. Shoot - I’m angry FOR you, Ragingpain.

Why don’t I just take that false Sleipnir off your hands, and replace it with a real one. =•)

B

It’s alright, I’m not that angry anymore. =)
I am lucky because I was supposed to trade this for a Code 2.
Good thing the person is not interested anymore.

I bet he is now =P

Yuki

Mutual mistake of material fact renders a contract voidable. Mistaking a Jealousy for a more common YYR - that’s pretty darn material.

What a treasure you’ve found! I love my Jealousy. I am ever indebted to my brother, Jullian, for passing his to me. Those things are crazy hard to find!

Congrats!
B

*yuki
I know. Haha

*Bud
Thank you!
I was really thrilled when I found out about it because it is really rare.

Now, let’s move on to my new babies. =)

My whole YYR collection:

Gleipnir, Gleipnir, Jealousy, Blink, Blink
Stargazer V2, CLASHcube, Dreadnought, Acrophobia, Acrophobia

1 Like

Can anybody post some comparison pictures of their Overdrive(s) at different angles or with other yo-yos? I have one coming next week and I’d love some pictures to tide me over :slight_smile:

My Pride and Joy
http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s367/asovietlocust/Yoyo%20collection/stargazer1.jpg

I am regretting trading my Overdrive…but I have an Irony JP now… I dont know…what do you guys think?

Is an Overdrive worth…

A near Mint Gold Nugget Avalanche
A near mint Code 1
A near mint Code 2 (special edition)
And a near mint Leviathan 3?

Yeah, if you sold all those you could get like 400. and then buy a new overdrive.

1 Like

Thats too good of a deal to pass! I would’ve taken that trade too

I convinced him to do it. He was gonna pass it up too!

I miss my Overdrive though… :frowning:
I’m still not sure how great of a trade that was… But I love my Avalanche…but no one seems to be interested in my Levi 2 and 3… Hmm…

Just wait. Someone’ll want them someday.

The sad life of unloved yoyos.

They’re worth a decent sum. keep 'em and wait.

So I know that YYR are not easily tuned but it can be well worth it. At least the older hex axles can be tuned (I dunno…does the newer Sleipnir have the non-hex axle? Mine is an OG that was modded for deeper recess to take silicone).

Today I tuned my (original) Sleipnir. Usually I just get lucky and the axle is in the right spot and the Sleipnir is smooth enough but this time it needed help. I teflon taped the non-hex side of the axle and screwed it back together. However, because their are hardly any threads on these really short axles, the other half of the yoyo overlapped onto the teflon taped part and took the axle when it was unscrewed again. I took the axle out and screwed it back into the other yoyo half so that the hex side was out. Then I took a pin and tweezers to remove the excess teflon tape that would be exposed to the other half of the yoyo once it was screwed back together. This time, the other half did not grab the teflon when screwed back together and I was able to do the typical tuning procedure and smooth out my Sleipnir.

Also, just for fun I put in a flat bearing to try it on the Sleipnir for a bit but it was totally not the same. I’ve been liking flat bearings much more lately, but in the case of YYR the shape and feel just really work better with a KK.

I dunno how I feel about the shape, but this ano on the new YYR 44Clash yoyo is also puzzling. Not sure if I think it is ugly or amazing just yet…

http://img11.shop-pro.jp/PA01145/185/etc/reclash4.jpg?2140

OK, it is both ugly AND amazing. Liking how the green is messy and bleeding everywhere. Worst/best ano ever.

Looks…unique. I sorta like it…but I dont know if that would change after staring at it for 3 weeks…