YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

When was the pink Draupnir!!

I dont think they released yet, becuz they r supposed to be at YYEā€™s

yeah thats what they said when I asked :-\

I have to agree. I had one in the cart and missed out. I have been checking everyday. Couldnā€™t have been many.

Supposedly they put 100 pink Draupnirā€™s up on their site and were gone within an hour.

Draupnirs lol

DANGIT AND IT HAD THE SAME GAP AS THE MATTE

I donā€™t think it actually happened. There is no indication that it ever happened. No social media, no Draupnir page, no thread in the Releases and Restocks page. Iā€™m doubting if it actually happened yet

Yes there is I checked the site, Iā€™m ready to die now :frowning:

This is the draupnir weā€™re talking about

in pink

Im pretty sure they said all draupnirs will have the wider gap (after the first runs with ths smaller gap, raw, temper, 1st matte)

Agreed. The demand seems to still be there for the Draupnirs, whereas the Laser and Sputnik are still sitting on shelves.

I really think they should spend less time making new Sputniks and more time practicing their anodisation. It seems that YYR are still falling way behind the pack in ano jobs. Itā€™ll probably be years till we see a splashed Draupnir at this rateā€¦

Theyā€™ve proved that they can do it:

http://www.ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .com/media/catalog/product/cache/3/image/600x600/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/t/attune13.jpg

So why wonā€™t they give us a Rainbow Draupnir already? :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™d love it if YYR would release more blasted solids but Iā€™d be fine if they just stayed away from fancy ano patterns. Their splashes and acid washes are honestly of pretty poor quality, you can see bleeding/flaws in almost every picture of them online and the ones Iā€™ve owned were the most flawed ano jobs on any yoyos I have owned, although they still looked nice. Also, it might just be me, but I am not a fan of the acid washes or splashes on bimetals from other companies in general. Something about multiple colors and the stainless rings just looks really awkward to me.

Iā€™ve owned my fair share of Draupnirs and donā€™t feel compelled to keep one in my collection at the moment, but they still just seem to keep flying off shelves, so it would be nice if YYR could just saturate the market enough such that they finally end up being readily available. Iā€™d love to see them get some blasted Sputniks out there too, Iā€™d almost certainly pick up another one if it gets a wonderful matte finish.

D-Starter from Sturm Panzer is up on that other site for only $65. 61 grams D-bearing midsize with a shape reminiscent of the Puffin 2/Blink/E=mc2. Exciting to see an aggressively priced throw from a company that has only produced bimetals up to this point, especially because it appears to hold on to many of the features that make the company so appealing ot me.

edit
oopsie, just saw the D-Starter was already mentioned. Oh well, Iā€™ll shamelessly plug Sturm Panzer anyway. Any company that can produce a yoyo that I feel compelled to own for over a month gets my fanatical loyalty.

lol at this thread blowing up with people chasing after a Draupnir. Not sure where the confusion is. It was released on the YYR site, sold quick, some may or may not be going to other sites, who knows, just wait and see. The Sputnik sold pretty well, but obviously not Draupnir-like, although the Draupnir wasnā€™t this popular in the beginning either. For me the Sputnik was just priced wrong. Why should a raw Sputnik cost the same as anoā€™d Draupnirs and Lasers? Also i really doubt the 66g version of the Sputnik was intentionalā€¦ I really love the Laser, but until they do it in a proper color i wonā€™t be adding one back to my collection.

Is there a way to get updates from the YYR website

Youā€™d better follow them and their players on social media, their website is quiteā€¦well, they make great throws.

Are most on instagram?

Ahhā€¦ Itā€™s been so long. I havenā€™t been on this thread in forever.
Anyways what is everyoneā€™s opinion on the Sputnik? I stopped throwing for a bit and missed the release.

ā€œBestā€ round midsized Iā€™ve ever thrown but I would just barely place it above the Blink which can be frequently found for fractions of the price. Iā€™m glad I bought one but I would honestly not recommend purchasing it retail unless you are a big fan of raw yoyos.

How would someone rate the JPX in comparison to the Draupnir

there still isnt a yyr that can fingerspin bare hand