YoyoOfficer Yoyos?

It’s either their personal record or their people relations, and I can’t figure out which. Maybe it stands for pants removal.

I think you mean Public Relations? :slight_smile:

But yeah, i’m really interested in hearing what this guy have against YYO aswell

Yes public relations, haha I was still trying to wake up. ::slight_smile:

Having played with most of YYO’s product line, I really recommend the Orbis. It is really solid and it plays like a $100 yoyo.

Yeah PR was public relations. And it’s nothing super big, but a while ago they were accepting applications to join their team, and i didn’t hear back. (Should be noted, but i 100% understand they got bombarded with emails.) But since then, I’ve sent 4 or 5 emails asking which yoyo of theirs for would they recommend as a first time costumer, what makes this throw better than this throw, general questions, stuff along those lines. I was just trying to get info straight from the top, like i like to do with a lot of my purchases, and i never heard back. Heard the same from other people. To me, that speaks a lot of the company that i don’t hear from them at all say, like, literally all the others i’ve emailed. I used to hate duncan throws, but I’m going to be investing more money now because the people i talked to from them were so nice and knowledgeable.

It’s just one of those things where as a consumer, i feel like if a company doesn’t care about me when i ask questions, i don’t really want to give them my money.
But love their throws. Had a few from trades. They make good stuff.

I totally agree with this, if a company doesn’t like bonding with their customers I won’t buy anything from them, even if it’s good. That’s what I like about CLYW, TP, and other high end companies I’ve contacted, they make you feel like they actually care about you in a way.

CLYW is ok, but my top are Duncan, Monkey finger, and whimsy. In that order. XD

Hello there,

I am sorry you had a bad experience with Yoyofficer’s customer service. I know it may be too late to change your mind, but if you have any questions about YYO, you can contact me through YYE or Facebook. I’ll be happy to discuss any thoughts or concerns. Honestly, the people who are handling the emails are not fluent in English, so your questions may have gotten lost in translation. On a brighter note, they have also established an ask.fm (ask.fm/yoyofficer) for any inquiries you may have. The team member who runs that usually answers the questions in a timely manner. Again, I apologize for your experience, and if you still have questions feel free to message me.

Best regards,

Ryan Gee

1 Like

About team applications: We got dozens of them over long time, I think over month it was? After that we spend more time deciding and contacted few people we wanted to work with. I’m sorry, but I thought it wasn’t necessary to write few dozens email saying “Sorry, we didnt choose you”.

Now about your questions:

1. Our main email (info Yoyofficer.com) is managed by boss of Yoyofficer, Hong. On this email we deal with shops, people asking for sponsorship, helping with some problems with yo-yos, etc. Hong has lots of work, since he is managing all production just with his brother. So sometimes random questions like “which yo-yo is good for what, which is good for me”, can be missed or ignored.

2. since our email is hosted on chinese server, emails can sometimes blocked. For example we had recently problem emailng people in mexico and I know it dont work with some czech emails. Servers see email coming from China and for some reason block it automatically. NOt saying it’s your case, but sometimes it can happen.

3. “what makes this throw better than this throw” Not sure what exactly were you asking, but no decent company will told you " our product is better than this product from this company"

I’m sorry you had problem with our communication over email, but we have other accounts to contact - Facebook, instagram, twitter, ask.fm, even here on forum. And I recommend trying these before giving up on company, just because they don’t respond to your email.

And as you can see, two team members get to you shortly after you posted your problem, we care, we just need to know.

No worries! I love it when people change my mind about something! I’ve always had a huge crush on your throws so I’m sure my love can easily be one again. So no worries ryan, I might drop you an email or pm shortly!

1. About the applications, that’s understandable, but even for small jobs when you email or mail an applications, they’ll mail or email a response to say “we regret” blah blah blah. I understand why you didn’t, but sending me confirmation email, even just saying you didn’t choose me, would be nice. That why i didn’t have to wonder if i messed up on my end or missed my chance or something along those lines. Again, no big deal, I understand, but it’s a bonus in my book to people who do.

2. Combining 1&2 here. Tell hong I’m sure he does a great job and i understand sometimes missing an email is understandable. I know if i was in his position, well, you’d fire me. Ignoring a question, however, isn’t professional. Even if it’s deemed ‘trivial’. I’d understand if i spammed you guys 24/7, and i would even understand ignoring me after 5, random, useless emails. But They were questions and as a possible costumer, I don’t want to feel ignored.
    Again, understand they may have gotten lost or ‘missed’.

3. Completely DISAGREE with you on this. A company should back their product. If i go to a car dealership, they BETTER tell me why this Audi all road is better than a Toyota venza. If you can’t compare your product, tell me why you should have my money, then why don’t i just go to another company? See what I’m saying? I need you to make me feel that you want me to buy from you, and if I do, I’m doing the smart move.
    this part is skip-able, this is an example
    I get in this environment (yoyo franchise) you all want to be polite and kind to other companies, in the end it’s retail. I worked in retail for 5 months, at Fossil watch company. The part they trained us most was talking the product up to the costumer. If they said ‘well what makes this worth this much’ I would tell them this watch has a stainless steel, adjustable band that is interchangeable with a quartz face and comes with our warranty. That’s why it’s this much. ‘why should i buy this and not a timax or Michel kors?’ I would tell them why we have the best warranty in the business, show them that our costumer service is the best, and that the passion behind this watch is what makes it stand out. (And how fossil makes michel kor so it’s basically the same thing, but i said that out of ear shot of the bosses).
    Point is I’m trying to make, i didn’t sell over 1500 dollars in product a week by NOT pumping our product up. It’s just something you got to do.
    back to post

4. Yeah, i know you have other means of communications, but I’m barley on facebook, don’t want to be apart of instagram or twitter, and i was just informed about the ask.fm… I know i shouldn’t give up on your company after not answering my emails, but after the 4th email being unanswered, kinda gives me the impression you guys don’t want anything to do with me.

I would like to sum up yes, I was very pleased to see that yoyofficer rushed to tell me ‘hey sorry!’ Does make me feel you guys do care, which in a company, i can’t help but like. I see your points in communication, and understand them. However, as the costumer, you have to at least view and consider mine too.
(Differently jumped in my book that you guys took times(either from your personal lives or from work) to answer this so quickly. Does, truly mean a lot to me.

^AMEN^