Yoyojam - What happened?

I think he’ll do just fine  :wink:

1 Like

Maybe not Yuuki and definitely not Shinji, but I can see some truth in that statement. I think part of it are because of the changes in the judging system, players who are good then probably doesn’t score well today with similar freestyle, unless he/she changed or improved their tricks drastically to fit the scoring system, sometimes that require total overhaul; totally new tricks and it’s not easy. At least this is what I feel seeing from younger-than-Yuuki’s but older-than-Gentry’s generation point of view.

you must be trolling…

Sacrilege! Heresy! Blasphemer!

Forgive their naivete of youth; they know not what they say…

2 Likes

“I’m not that [Yuuki] from [8] years ago, I’m in a higher place” - Drake

yuuki invented most of the style that players today now use. He created it and he can beat everyone with it.

He was doing some of the stuff people today are just now doing like five years ago…

1 Like

Lets just look at the results from last years 44:Clash contest to see how he matches up to modern players.

As they say, the proof is in the pudding. I know 44:Clash has a slightly different scoring system to Worlds, but there’s no denying that Yuuki’s still got it. :slight_smile:

That trick at 1:14 is nice.

Yuuki is the epitome of style and class. Such flow, such groove! Easily one of my top 5 players in the scene.

I do feel like his style has that rare flow, but Jensen kimmitt did worlds last year and he did not make it past prelim?
Buhe regardless of his placing, is a great player :slight_smile:
How did we get off topic? From yyj to yuuki Spencer lol

Yuuki Spencer isn’t Jensen Kimmitt.

1 Like

And Jensen has been in a slump, nor was he trying. Yuuki has been at the top of his game and is still improving.

Hmmm…

I have to admit that they don’t seem to be going nearly as hard as they were a few years ago. They will always hold a special place with me, because they were down with the side burns and Dark Magic. :wink: My favorite player played for their team back in the day. Also, a lot of my collection started as YoyoJams, the Dark Magic IIs, Hitman Pro, New Breed, Revolution, Cerberus and so on. Before I was buying a lot of high end stuff, I had a case full of YoyoJam, and I still do. Also, that Quest is an awesome yo-yo. I’m not sure what their plans are for the future, but I agree that I’d like to see them more active on social media. A lot of people left their team and became bosses in yo-yo (Andre, JD, Hiroyuki…). I guess we’ll just have to see what they have planned for 2016.

yep
Yyj was really what got me into unresponsive play. I just hope they have something good for us :wink: