Yoyojam - What happened?

I think the YYJ Transcend is one of my favourite throws released this year. It just plays so comfortably for me. I have never been a huge fan of the look of side caps so most yoyojams just don’t do it for me.

What in particular do you find wrong with it. It seems to work pretty good on the 4 or 5 YYJ yoyos I have.

It’s prone to cracking I believe.
However I have an Odyssey that now still works like new, and a dead smooth Phenom… before someone borrow it and return with vibe.

The major issue is it sacrifices durability. Over time, from carrying the YoYo in your pocket or even just screwing it together and unscrewing it, the plastic will begin to wear ad cause the system to strip. Because the system is the entire bearing seat and not just the post, but the shim as well, that’s what allows the system to fall out.

Honestly, IDK
Recently, I was making a review on the phenom: http://aidinyoyo.blogspot.com/2015/12/yoyojam-phenom-yoyo-review.html

But as I was using the phenom, I felt like the technology was just “old”
If they want to really stay in tthe game, they need to make something new and big

Most Yoyojams doesn’t have too much kickback or medium at most (at least the ones I have tried), and yes although it’s shaped “modern”, Phenom feels somewhat classic, not as stable as most yoyos out there so I can see why some people tend to avoid it, but it’s the very reason I like them. Fun to throw, lack of rim weight making it seems like it wants to go fast, I don’t mind sacrificing some spin time and a little stability for that kind of agility.

Definetly a fun yoyo. Unfortunately, they just do not get enough play anymore. I love the phenom but I feel like its kinda overpriced :-\

Just my opinion, but I think it’s a vast improvement over the brass inserts that they used in their older designs. They seemed to loosen up or become dislodged from the body fairly easily, particularly if you banged the yoyo or overtightened it. At least now the bearing seat is metal. In the old design it was plastic that was prone to wear.

1 Like

You say that while your fave throw is an orca…lol just found that humerous (understandable why da lodge does the pricing though)

I personally like a lot of the YYJ line, but they are slipping just a bit

Orca performs much better. My opinion though, as is all of this.

1 Like

If they sold B grade Phenoms at $60 I would be in.
I do not own a Clyw Orca
I own a Clyw B grade Orca with ano flaws

Orca-2015
Phenom- 2011
Maybe there is a pattern :smiley: :wink:

Newer doesn’t necessarily mean better :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Maybe more up to date?

Sorry if you took offence to what i said, didnt intend to offend anyone

i agree, if there were b grade phenoms at $60 i would be there in a heartbeat :smiley:

No offense was taken

I find that good yoyos are relatively new. The best players are still teens. The technology is getting better.

Yes.

Going on a tangeant here, but can we take a sec to appreciate all the teen yoyo stars?

Gentry 19
Connor Seals (with YYJ, so slightly more on topic) 16
Chandler Steele 15
Harrison Lee 15
Colin Beckford 15
Andrew Maider 17
Adrien Velez 16
Franco Torres 15
Nehemiah Peterson 18
Jacob Vaughn 16 (im not a star, but self promo never killed anyone lol)
Taylor Houston 16
Evan Nagao 18?
Zach Gormley 18
Tunoose Giblin 13

these among MANY others are pretty good at flinging around pieces of metal and plastic

The best players aren’t teens, they are yuuki spencer, come on guys.

1 Like

Yuuki has a good style, but cannot compare to nowadays players. If he entered worlds, would he even make it past prelims?

Are you kidding? lol…

Of course he would. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know what to say haha

Yuuki “cannot compare to nowadays players”. This shouldn’t bother me but it definitely makes me sad to think this is the opinion of some of the younger throwers out there.