It's Been 3 Years

Although I’ve been throwing on and off for the last few years, I was detached from the community. Meaning that I’ve missed basically 3 years of new yo-yos or even contest results. Just wondering what I’ve missed regarding different yo-yos, contests etc. If someone could catch me up to speed!

Worlds is in Cleveland, OH this August.

-Titanium went strong over the summer among several companies, and seems like that Titanium wave is continuing into 2016 with Axis’ “Sal-ti” and the 2Sick Rook Titanium throws.

-Bimetal is becoming more and more popular

-Yoyojam is gone :’(

-YYF has sprung up with a wide variety of low/mid-price throws

-CLYW is about to release a new plastic (Not a "Yeti 2) called the Big Dipper, based off of the Borealis which was used to win Worlds 2015

-Gentry won Nats with a Replay Pro ($16 plastic)

Jensen Kimmitt and Charles Haycock left CLYW

In the last 3 years, Janos Karancz, Gentry Stein, and Zach Gormley have won worlds 1A.

Many new companies have sprouted

Worlds went to Prague, Tokyo, and will be in Cleveland this year.

There is a small but strong growth in fixed axle yoyoing. Awesome fixies coming out.
Bi-metals and titanium is the stuff.
Duncan made a new Freehand that is rather… controversial. I tried one, I like it as a plastic yoyo, it plays great honestly, but I dunno about calling it a Freehand since it’s pretty much a completely different yoyo.
Kendama took yoyo community by storm, but it kinda fades now.

It seems that most yoyoers own at least one kendama, so if you dont have one, maybe pick one up? I love mine!

Welcome back!

Yoyos have dropped in price significantly. Brand like C3yoyodesign, Yoyo officer and more have made more affordable throws. Not to mention the newer line of YYF throws including the Shutter, Horizon, Repriced Genesis and many more! ;D
Average 3 years ago was $110 for a good throw. But today you can probably get away with a $50 throw nowadays.

Just stop by yoyonews and read most of the articles that should help show you what you have missed.