Yoyojam Pinnacle Caps removal

I got a yoyojam pinnacle and I was planning on taking off the caps since I think they’re really ugly. Has anyone ever done this?

I’m wondering if the caps are glued down or just pressed in. Also wondering how it plays without them. I like light, challenging throws so I’m not too concerned with a decrease in spin time or stability unless it makes it unplayable.

Thanks!

2 Likes

This might sound silly…but try using a suction cup to pull them out.
They might be in there too tightly…but it might be worth a try.

This method was actually a thing in the early 2000’s when I was first into this hobby.

2 Likes

Do you know if the caps on the pinnacle in particular are glued on? Not sure where I can get a suction cup so I was planning on drilling

2 Likes

You can also try duct tape. Stick it on and pull.

I’m not sure :frowning: Sorry.

I don’t think I ever owned a YoYoJam with glued on caps though (have owned a couple of hitmans, mini mo-trix, black knight, shockwave 3…and several others I’m forgetting).

2 Likes

I don’t know of any YoyoJam yoyos with glued caps so I assume they aren’t glued in.

5 Likes

Agree. Make sure to wet the suction cup before you press it on. Makes it stick better.

On the other hand since you deem them ugly, drill and pry may be the quickest solution.

3 Likes

Thanks guys. I want to try to preserve them. I think they’re ugly now but maybe I’ll change my tune down the line. Gonna try to find suction cups and give it a shot tomorrow

Edit: suction cups and tape didn’t quite do it so I drilled a hole and pried them out that way. Plays much floatier now which is what I was hoping for

3 Likes