Yoyoing in an Independent Film!

Hey Guys,

Long time no see. I haven’t been on in a while, but have still been playing with my favorite toy of all time. That being said, a media professor on my college campus saw me the other day, spoke to me for a little bit, and has asked me to be in an independent film he is working on! The coolest part about this is that he has already made one movie that has been really successful!

I can’t give too many details, but basically i will dress up like the main character in the movie and have a short little segment of me busting out my best tricks/combos. I am so excited! We begin filming in about 2 weeks, so I am trying to decide which yoyo to use, and to see if you all had any ideas/recommendations that i should include or remember.

Right now i have about 4 yoyos i am debating using, however i do not know which one to immortalize. lol.

1: My HSpin Pyro. All orange edition. It was my first yoyo and has sentimental value.
2: YYF 888. Blue Starry Night Edition. Awesome playing, beautiful, and my mom bought it for me.
3: Affogato De Lotiempo M1. BEAUTIFUL, and plays amazing.
4: CLYW Bear vs. Man. SvsZB Edition. Sweet looking and my main throw right now.

I have other yoyos but these are the four that i am contemplating using. What do you all think? Also, any advice and recommendations are welcomed!

Are there any other movies that you all can think of that have had yoyos in them?

Thanks,
Michael

Go with whatever you feel most comfortable with!

like with what he said ,but if you are really having trouble i say bvm is a nice pick

I’d say the BvM Or the M1. If it was me, I’d do the M1

Bvm looks cool, not sure about when it’s spinning and moving through tricks though

You should ask the director which color yo-yo he prefers.

I can be pretty picky with my own projects…

Here’s another one:

For a more comprehensive list: http://www.yoyowiki.org/wiki/Yo-yos_in_the_Media#Yo-yos_in_the_Movies

1 Like

Do you see any legal issues with showing off another brand without permission in this movie? I’m not trying to be a downer I just want to make sure you have the proper permissions if you need them.

Good luck and have fun!

I doubt any yo-yo company would object to their product being used for free promotion. That said, the majority of viewers won’t know what kind of yo-yo is being used unless there are inert close ups showing logos.

Better safe than sorry!

Thanks for the replies fellas!

I had never thought about a company having a problem with it, or their being a legal issue with it. I will definitely ask them before i use the yoyo. I don’t think anyone will have a problem but just in case i will send an email.

I may just take them all, and depending on the scenery choose one. I know that i have to wear a red jacket, so i will have to get some string that shows up good.

Super excited for this opportunity!

-Michael

1 Like