Yoyofriends

The only bi-metal I own with the same weight is my G2 Elite '18, and it is terrific. I’m pre-disposed to liking the Tachyon without even having played it. But the logician in me is wondering why 60g bi-metals aren’t the norm if they are so insanely good. There must be some downside/disadvantage that prevents this form factor from dominating the competition scene, and I’m curious what that is.

@Mazdarx7FD Whatever happened to the Pheasant? I thought I remembered you saying it was gonna be the next flagship when we were at Nats… was that scrapped/did this replace it? I must say this looks more intriguing tho. YoYoFriends simply does not miss.

1 Like

The prototype I was using at Nats was the tachyon. Pheasant was announced after Nats as an exclusive to another place. The flagship is tachyon the entire time.

4 Likes

Oh dope, I totally misunderstood then! Then yeah, then I guess I’ve already tried the Tachyon LMAO… and I do remember it being bomb! Looking forward to owning one of these bois.

2 Likes

How would you compare the Tachyon weight-feel vs the Peregrine or Hummingbird?

1 Like

Tachyon feels heavier on the initial throw but slightly lighter when pushed. Both power and spin time are around the same.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Lighter than the Peregrine, or Hummingbird? The Hummingbird feels noticeably lighter than the Peregrine to me.

Edit: found my answer from the blog post. To cop or not to cop, that is the question.

Dethroning our hummingbird in speed in just about every way. When playing with the Tachyon you will feel never before seen acceleration and sustained top speed while having the power and control to do all your tricks. You will feel the savagery of power and the burst of speed upon every throw

Yoyofriends Tachyon colorways.

11 Likes

Yoyofriends news. We have Sofi representing us at the Hungarian national yoyo contest and both Malte and Sofi representing us at the German Nationals. We also are making our first ever signature yoyo. Hopefully that will eventually make it to yoyoexpert.

9 Likes

New colorways of hummingbird and shortcut will soon be available at yoyoexpert on November 17th 8pm EST. The copper ring Hummingbird will be available as well.

8 Likes

The Moon Rock White peregrine, hummingbird and magpie 2.0 will be available on December 1st 8PM EST right here on yoyoexpert.

16 Likes

@Mazdarx7FD Is this finish micro-arc oxidation?

4 Likes

@MarkD told me what it was once and while I can’t remember exactly that sounds right (and looks right when searching for images of “micro arc oxidation aluminum”

1 Like

Yoyofriends member Sofi at Czech Nats and Tomoki at EZONE Japan.

5 Likes

New Yoyofriends member soon!

6 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Received the Shortcut today from Yoyoexpert, I wanted something to use as a beater and to bring around with me while traveling and the shortcut seemed a great choice at an amazing price point which I will not kill myself if I ding it (and sadly I am so good at ding yoyos).

I did tried the hummingbird in the past and I loved it and I know Yoyofriends deliver quality.

They did deliver amazing quality also with the Shortcut, a great yoyo for sure from the size to the shape, a little beast and the anodising is amazing and look beautiful also guys I don’t know how you managed to do this thing dead smooth, not even the idea of a vibration!

I enjoy it so much also in horizontal, for sure is a yoyo affordable by everyone that has the specs of a full competition yoyo, I did manage all of my combos in a very comfortable and easy way!

Really like this yoyo and will be with me for very long.

Compliments for this product I think you demonstrate that you can make some high quality stuff at a very competitive price, it’s amazing and I am impressed!

Also guys please may I ask with strings did you put with the yoyo? My one is a yellow one and is absolutely amazing, I would like to buy a full truck of those strings!

10 Likes

dude, i have had a very similar experience with my shortcut. it really has no business being as good as it is for $34 lol

7 Likes

Exactly this, imagine have all this for this price, amazing! Is crazy how the quality during the years is improving and becoming “reasonable” for every type of pocket with a little investment you can afford something that probably you can use at the world contest, this one will stay in the bag with me all the time, also because I like to trick hard and I needed something able to perform with me!

Do you know which strings they use? Are great as well :rofl:

1 Like