New release from YoYoFriends - The SUNBIRD!

\

The latest release from YoYoFriends is something special. This is a new mono-metal designed after their premium bi-metal Hummingbird - The Sunbird!

YoYoFriends created the Sunbird to give people a more accessible and affordable option while still keeping the feel and performance everyone loved in the Hummingbird. They started with the basic Hummingbird competitive v-shape profile and tweaked the weight distribution to maximize the performance in an all aluminum form. Right from the first throw you’ll notice the same light and powerful feel on the string that the Hummingbird is known for. It has great stability and spin power, and if you’re looking for speed you’re really in luck! The Sunbird is fast, maybe the fastest yo-yo that YoYoFriends has released so far!

Releasing Monday 7/6 @ 8PM EDT.

11 Likes

Is $65 for the solid colors? What will the non-solid anos cost?

2 Likes

$65 for solids, $75 for others.

3 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

Specs say 6061, @Mazdarx7FD said 7068 in the Yoyofriends thread. Which is correct?

4 Likes

7068, I will tell them to fix it haha.

3 Likes

I was literally playing Pokemon 20 minutes ago.

1 Like

Fixed it. Thanks!

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes
5 Likes

It has arrived!

5 Likes

Congratulations on the worldwide release!
I got to try it for a bit during last yoyo meeting here in Paris and ordered mine today! :smiley:

Also FYI, there’s a small difference between Gap Width indicated on the store at 4.62mm vs announced 4.40mm.

1 Like

Thank you! I think yoyoexpert has their own measurements and method. Which I respect. Also I assume you tried our player Williams’, how do you like it?

1 Like

Our gap measurement may not be quite as accurate, I’ll make a note to check/change that. :+1:

2 Likes

Yep! I’m still fairly noob and have a rather small collection so can’t go much into details but I did get to try it next to the Hummingbird and Raytracer thanks to Williams.
Honestly, all played great even though I think I liked the feel of the Hummingbird the best.

Here’s my rational for choosing the Sunbird:

• The Sunbird didn’t feel underpowered at all compared to the two other bi-metals.
  • The yoyo overall felt good for the couple tricks I tried, I really liked the shape and feeling in hand.
  • I like Yoyofriends communication and the team seems like genuinely cool people
  • I’m a noob and not ready for a bi-metal as I still hit my yoyos on the ground all the time.

I was looking for an upgrade for the current v-shape of my collection (MYY Y01 Node which I plan to give away) and this is perfect.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the feedback and support! Hope you will like your sunbird :smiley:

2 Likes