Yoyofriends

We try to recreate the Koi splash and this is the result. It might be abit different.

1 Like

Are they all fades except for the one “galaxy” splash?

1 Like

thats really awesome to hear! pretty sure im going to snag that colorway if i can, love having matching colorways, especially these types of splashes.

1 Like

There is an iPhone like Space Grey and Green+ Rainbow rings.

1 Like

Can I make an official request for a light-weight, high-walled responsive yoyo with large pads and a small bearing, in that same splash colorway? Would buy in an instant ;]

1 Like

Looks great.

2 Likes

Surprisingly light, given the name Baryon. I thought it would be 66-68g.

(Baryons are described as heavy subatomic particles and include the proton and neutron among other particles.)

Checkout the Baryon review from Dylan!

8 Likes

Check out the baryon review from TnB.

4 Likes

Hey Philip, isn’t there a new run of Peregrines on the way?

4 Likes

Yes. It will probably be after Chinese New Year.

6 Likes

Do I understand correctly that Chinese New Year basically encompasses nearly the entire month of February (this year)?

2 Likes

If you’re asking about the holiday period, in China, it’s two weeks. However, in other Asian countries like Singapore, we don’t get so many days of holiday. Here in Singapore we only get 2 days of holiday for the Chinese New Year.

If you’re talking about the festivities and visiting relatives, it lasts for a month for Chinese everywhere.

4 Likes

I’m just trying to better understand precisely what “after Chinese New Year” means in terms of the delay imposed on everything being done in and coming out of China because of it.

1 Like

It probably means that it’ll be delayed for 2 weeks.

1 Like

Philip do you know what string and pads come with all of the Yoyofriends releases ?? Cause I can’t help but wonder what string and pads these are ??

3 Likes

I was told we use generic no brand string back in 2019, not too sure if we still use them. For pads we use to use 3M pads, then we switched to royal pads, which is very similar to 3m pads but kind of in house. We are testing some more grippy pink pads. Player currently love them and we might use those in the future.

3 Likes

Introducing the newly revised magpie, Magpie 2! We have used our experiences gathered throughout the years to fine tune the design. We have get rid of the fingerspin hub and moved the weight to the rim for more power and stability, rounded the rim off for better comfort, decreased the gap width for better bind, and increased the width to enhance the magpie feel and catchability.
Material: Aluminum 7068
Diameter: 54.9mm
Weight: 64.70g
Width: 47.56mm
Gap Width: 4.44mm
Colorways: Pink acid wash, Purple acid wash, Yellow/Blue fade, Galaxy acid wash.
They will release on 3/14 here on yoyoexpert!

11 Likes

I’m SO hyped for this, the og Magpie is my EDC and one of my favorite Throws I’ve ever tried. Can’t wait to see how the changes affect the way it plays, and those acid washes are Chef’s kiss

3 Likes

I still want to get my hands on an original Magpie in purple. I guess not many were made in that color?

3 Likes