Yoyofriends

With the extreme wall thickness I was expecting a more powerful feeling like a Fulvia, Draupnir or more aggressive version of a Hummingbird…it fell short of feeling special in that way…it has the chops to do it all perfectly and there isn’t a flaw in the Ti Sunbird it might be the smoothest yoyo I’ve ever felt, 100% Glass Smooth but nothing stands out…that’s a shame from a company that has machined so many yo-yos it seems like they could have produced an “it factor” Ti. :man_shrugging:

Really sorry it does not live up to your standard. However it is still a monometal titanium at the end of the day. Like I said before monometal ti does not have more advantage in terms of weight distribution over a bimetal. Yes the wall thickness is thin, but the titanium is much denser than 7068 so overall weight distribution will not change too much. SS has way more density than titanium so a well made bimetal with SS rings in the similar lineup will always have a more aggressive weight distribution than a monometal titanium. tiss hummingbird exist btw and that is a ti version of Hummingbird, because of similar weight distribution. ti sunbird is the ti version of sunbird.

3 Likes

I’ve owned over 40 Ti’s and only one TiSS so I’m not basing it on those.

1 Like

I’m really enjoying the ti sunbird, it’s a nice middle ground between the hummingbird and sunbird. The blast on it is incredible, the rainbow colorway is lit and mine is glass smooth also. I’d love to see what yoyofriends could do with an original design competition oriented titanium, not based on any of your other models, designed to be the best you guys can get out of the material.

Keep up the great work!

4 Likes

Thank you. Also I think you are right! We will definitely look into it in the future.

2 Likes

Yeah I 100% agree

Our players Tomoki Toyama and Cha’Ng-Hyeon Sung (Tony) has competed in the OWYYC. Here are their prelims. Congrats on Tomoki Toyama on making into semi finals! Tomoki was using the Hummingbird for 1A (new run coming soon) Tony was using the Peregrine for 5A and the new inner ring bimetal prototype for 1A.

6 Likes

All new run of hummingbird is here! Featuring sliver + gold rings, green/purple fade + rainbow rings, purple + black rings, brown + ss rings. Available right here on yoyoexpert 8PM EDT on September 27th.

8 Likes

Not typically a brown guy but man that is sharp

1 Like

mmexport1634071754631
Yoyofriends Vulture. Coming soon.

14 Likes

Is YoyoFriends finally getting into 4A perhaps? :thinking:

1 Like

I really like yoyofriends logos :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Y’all are awesome​:fire::fire:

2 Likes

On instagram they said it was a bimetal

2 Likes

An organic bi-metal perhaps? Surely it will be substantially different from their other three bi-metals in some way.

1 Like

It is an competition geared inner ring bimetal focusing on power and control. Our 2nd ever inner ring bimetal release after the raytracer in 2019.

9 Likes

Awesome! Can’t wait to see how it turns out! I love my Raytracer.

2 Likes

Vulture is yoyofriends’ newest inner ring bimetal. Vulture features a classic composition of 7068 and stainless steel in a V/H shape that focuses on power, stability and flow. The stainless steel ring weight of Vulture is around 16g, a 50%+ increase from our previous inner ring release. Vulture pushes the limit of performance and weight distribution for an inner ring bimetal. The name is inspired by the striking look of the bird and the classic spiderman villain, which signifies power, strength. maneuverability and precision.
Specification
Diameter: 55.48mm
Width: 45.54mm
Gap width: 4.42mm
Weight: 64.6g
Stay tuned for pricing and release date.

14 Likes

Yoyofriends Vulture release details:
Right here at yoyoexpert on (10/30 8PM EDT)
Price: 105-110 USD

14 Likes

Dove is back in purple, white, green and yellow! It will be released here on 10/30 8PM EDT. Same time as the Vulture.

14 Likes