YoyoFactory's Dream Titanium Released July 17th!

GregP just summed up why I was so happy to find a used and sparked Ricochet for a very reasonable price. It is cool sparking Ti, but, I’m just not man enough to spark a throw that I spent $200 on. That being said, we were the hit of the town on July 4th, when I was throwing and sparking the Ricochet waiting for fireworks to start. ;D

MrYoyoM’s dream has vibe…

My Ti Dream has a bit of vibe, too. You can’t “see” it… you can’t feel it during play. You can detect it if you let it ride on your finger. Speaking of which, it finger grinds fine (which is crazy for a raw metal!) for about as long as a tumbled (not blasted) yoyo. The alleged vibe doesn’t slow it down.

People who are obsessed with sticking their fingers in a gap to determine vibe… man… it’s time to move past that phase! :wink:

Don’t get me wrong. I do the test. And when a yoyo is insanely smooth, it makes me smile. But when it’s not, I go, “Yup, this will play!”

And a fantastic player it is.

and we are replacing it.

I actually requested one which has a little vibe! Tuned it out in about 30 seconds. :slight_smile:

Why?

My post to the Facebook page, I will reiterate here:

If YoyoFactory rolls out that aluminum Dream soon, it will get in more people’s hands faster than the titanium (due to the price). The aluminum is getting rave reviews. If they roll that one out simultaneous or prior to the titanium release, it is guaranteed to push sales of the titanium. Once that aluminum becomes the average yo-yoers favorite throw, they will want the titanium version of it too. I think making an aluminum version was brilliant. By the way, I weighed all of these Dreams on a calibrated scale, bearing with no string. Blue titanium is 65.50g, brushed titanium is 65.27g, aluminum is 64.33g and plastic is 68.08g. I doubt any other titanium released this year will top this package. We got lucky!

I conferred with a few other people. If you want a glass smooth Dream, that blue seems to be consistently even smoother than smooth. It is probably the smoothest in my entire collection. Brushed feels better in my hands, but that blue one is smooth as butter. It’s crazy how smooth it is. Just a hint for those of you who think smooth is a big deal. I don’t, but I thought I’d share that. :wink:

Also, don’t sleep on the big Dream, it’s truly different, and a lot of fun to play. Not the spin times of the metals, to be expected, but it’s a cool plastic. I got a chance to spend a lot more time with it recently. Does anyone know what the retail price for the plastic version will be? I heard it’s going to get a new name too.

Livin’ the Dream…

Off the top, in a zone…

Dream Freestyle…

You’ve seen the Indiegogo, and maybe you got some perks,
Get a new yo-yo on payday, with your cash from work. :wink:

Titanium Dream will be in stores, if you missed that presale,
They’re releasing more tomorrow, when they drop here at retail.

They look really cool, I think you’ll be in such awe,
Titanium comes in blue, and the others are brushed raw.

A single purchase turned into three, like a spending spree,
Best campaign in the industry, and thanks to Ben McPhee.

I have a #4 blue Dream, that I can play any time,
Tested smooth as can be, by World Champion Gentry Stein.

Don’t get caught sleeping, cause you’d better believe it!
July 17th it’s The Dream yo-yo in New Releases.

3 Likes

Wow… Just, wow

You’ve got a gift, TA

1 Like