YoyoFactory's Dream Titanium Released July 17th!

The design looks like the gap width will be about the width of the bearing, so somewhere near 4.7mm and as far as wall height, it doesn’t look like there is much of a wall since there isn’t much space between the outer bearing and the response pad. In terms of the profile it sort of looks like the CZM8, so again not much wall. Not like it matters though cause even a yoyo that has a profile like Onedrop O-shape can spin for several minutes with the proper technique.

Well I’m mostly looking at it compared to something like the Shutter. The the gap on the shutter goes from response pad to a sharp angle outward where as this yoyo appears to have a bit of a higher vertical “wall” before it curves outward (kinda like a draupnir). Of course there’s nothing wrong with that design and its really just a personal preference on my end.

EDIT: Also I checked out the page and Holy Crap, Bgrade SHU-TAs. I would jump on those if had not decided to stop buying yoyos.

I’d have to agree on the wall design. While it won’t affect performance significantly, I’d personally prefer it to have a “zero wall” design from an aesthetic point of view.

Technically, even a tiny wall will rub more than zero wall. Practically, the difference here will be negligible, and I’m sure it will still perform greatly.

In addition to that preference, I have a couple other things I would personally change.

First, the transition from the rim to the catch area. I’d prefer just a single angle for the transition, instead of the tiny step design this has. Again, this is mostly aesthetic, as that tiny step really won’t affect play at all.

Second, I don’t really care for the small step in the inner cup. Again, this is aesthetic, but I’d just prefer it to be a smooth curve transition from cup to cup floor.

Those things being said, I know the design isn’t up to me at all, they’re just minor tweaks I would make if they were taking any community input. I still really like the design overall, so I’ll definitely be looking at my finances to see if I can afford this while I can get it for only $200.

Hmmm. About $100 off regular retail. Decision decisions.

I mentioned this on the reddit post but the czm8 in the no mystery deal is the new model as well for those that are interested.

They are half way to the goal in only a few days. I’ve got my eyes on it every minute. Today is payday and time to bust a move. :wink:

What about the sharp part on the step down from the rims? Looks sharp enough to slice through string if you’re not careful. I can’t see this in vertical play but in horizontal I could see it happening. That being said I’m extremely excited for both this and the one drop ti. I’ve been saving up for a while and may be able to get both.

Just pressed the button last night, so excited. Hopefully they get the 20k mark because I don’t want my money back ;D

I don’t think that step is going to slice string, but you never know. For me, I’m not a fan of it either, but from a comfort point of view. I can imagine feeling it even if it’s just a little. I would also prefer a gentle curve in the cup. :slight_smile:

Keep in mind, though, this is not the “final” design. It’s the initial design. Protos will go out to the serial-1 backer as well as whomever Ben decides to help out with taking it for a test drive, and then tweaks will be made.

I’m with doc on not seeing a problem with the string rubbing. I just don’t see it happening. It is extremely close to “no wall” with a gentle curve… As an existing example, the Square Wheels Royale, while I woudln’t use it for horizontal play (I’m sure some players could, mind you), it has a relatively significant and intentional wall, and the string doesn’t hang out rubbing all over that wall. As long as you’re not playing horizontal, it doesn’t get in the way at all.

And this one is far less significant. Barely even detectable as a “wall”.

Preferences are all well and good, but we also (as humans) tend to conflate theoretical problems and real-world problems. In theory, “some” wall (no matter how small) must be more mathematically likely to cause string rubbing. Hard to argue with that. But in practice, if the string isn’t rubbing, the string isn’t rubbing and the theory doesn’t matter because you’re not finding yourself in the edge cases.

I had to get in on the YoyoExpert color Hubstack Genesis for $35. I couldn’t pass that up, even on a B grade. ;D

My extra I couldn’t pass up was the 63g ring-less 2014 Genesis. I love light yoyos.

1 Like

I won’t be forking out the big bucks for this throw but I did get the 7075 catalyst for $40.

7075 Catalysts and 7075 Supernovas are my personal favorites from YYF, besides the Cowboy.

No C22’s for $10 huh…

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to this Ti ;D Hopefully I can jump on the $200 before they get to 20K 8)
Those 7075 models of the Super G and the Catalyst, look especially nice. Also the $100 pack and the pair of Cyborgs 2.0; all look great. I’ll definitely try to jump on one of these exclusive offers :smiley:

I just pulled the trigger, couldn’t pass up full size Ti for undersize Ti price. My 10 year old son also raided his piggy bank for the MVP. Hopefully this gets fully funded and all of us can get our new throws!

1 Like

I have to stop reading this thread. I had to go grab one of these as well. Although I’m glad because with stacks, it’s 67+ grams, which is my preference. So each one of us is pleased with this purchase. SO CHEAP.

I trust Ben!

1 Like

I trust him too! By the way, this thread needs a little Ben. But, I don’t want to distract him from looking in that closet to see what else he can find. :smiley:

1 Like

He can find a green translucent Flight with blue aurora thingies in it that I know for sure… gimme! ;D