YoyoFactory

I’m not sure why many people consider the supernova on the slow side. It has a decent amount of heft, but by no means is it slow. It is one of my favorite yoyos to date.

Got a green velocity response pads broke in first 3 weeks :frowning: better stick to OD

The old Supernovas are the best, pre-2013. The 2013 was like a supernova on roids. Heavy.

+1 to this, love mine. I usually carry it with me because my specific ano hides scuffs and dents really really well.

In addition to this a skyline was my main throw for at least 2 years…

I like Yoyofactorys, they make amazing competition throws, but the turn off for me is the acquire vibe very easily. They can’t take much damage without gaining a vibe. But if you were going to a competition with one, I would pick the Genesis.

Wonder if this is because of some of the shorter axle lengths.

That’s what I was thinking. I replaced many YYF axles.

Yep! I’ve found that shorter axles warp the threaded hole more often than longer axles. Probably because longer axles have more room for reinforcement.

The Supernova is my main throw right now… its pretty great

Woot woot

1 Like

I actually really love yyf’s products. I also think that yyf is the most talked about company, hands down. The reason it seems like no one talks about them is because the other yoyo-ers who hate yyf are much louder about other companies (CLYW, Onedrop, Turning Point, etc.). I really like yyf products, even though they aren’t my mains.

superstar- super floaty and, in my opinion, the best yoyofactory yoyo.

super g- if you hate heft, you’ll HATE this, but once you get passed that, it’s a great quality.

protostar- pretty sure all of you know it’s good

genesis- a great, stable throw, but it shouldn’t be your first high-end.

YYF are simply great!
So far I was never disappointed!
Popstar (really stable with a CT)
Delrin Severe (floaty…!)
MVP2 7075 (one of my favorite throw)
Ricochet (gorgeous and so cool to throw… You can say what you want but the organic shape is classy!)

On their way (home)
Shu-Ta
2 x 1080

Actually I am pretty open about yoyo companies but somehow YYF is always having something interesting coming out! And from the price point they do a pretty good job as well!
YYF rules…

I was impressed by the super nova and got started with a velocity that suited my needs. I later saved up to upgrade to a dv888 that eventually was just “good”. I’ve also had this experience : http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,72844.0.html

I think I’m gonna steer clear of YYFs for a while

It is interesting. I look at all of the new releases and the discussions in the Forums and most of the time YYF is the most interesting. I have, I don’t know how many, YYF and some I like and some I do not like. My favorite YYF throw is the Equilateral. Also I am wait for my Horizon and (finally purchased) a Shutter.

Only have one, which is the ONE. Haha. I got it today. And in getting a shutter Friday. But the I thought the one is a responsive throw. Unfortunate because I wanted to try the gyroscopic flop on it. (I have a Duncan ProZ) It’s a good yoyo for the price.

I’m wanting to get ahold of an equilateral by the end of the year.

I love my YYF throws. They seem to play more than well enough and at a great price! I don’t have a lot to compare them to, but I don’t see how you could beat a shutter or horizon. They are super stable, long long spinning and only $45 brand new.

It’s like buying a Corvette vs. a Lamborghini. Both are fast, both are sports cars, both get the job done better than necessary…but only one is able to be attained at a somewhat reasonable price. And the other is surrounded by hype and an expensive name. Point in fact, how many world championships have been own with the Shutter?

Mod Edit: Please see the Corvette vs. Lamborghini topic for further comments on cars. This section is about YYF yoyos… :wink:
Thanks,
-jhb8426-

Skinny BNY writes: I’m wanting to get ahold of an equilateral by the end of the year.
[/quote]
The only reason I have the Equilateral is because it came in the Black Friday Mystery Box. Paying more than $50 for a throw scares me. I bought the Horizon and the Shutter and am still happier with the Equilateral, but I have to say, the Cypher comes really close.

I love my Cypher. It’s a throw I thought I wouldn’t like but when I got it in my hand, it was love at first throw. In general, I like my Horizon better than my shutter, I think. I keep selling every shutter I get, though I did have my first one for several months. I generally pick stuff up on the BST here instead of buying brand new due to the pricing differences, and if you look hard enough and stay patient, you can usually find a mint-whatever you want.

Though I will be going for one of those mystery boxes if they do it again this year. If nothing else, I can use the throws I receive as trading fodder to get something I want more.

I got a 2014 genesis and it instantly became my favorite. It does have some slight vibe issues that i get with every yyf for some odd reason but its quite even with the bearing broken in and its super stable.

No one talks about them anymore because we used to talk about them too often(in my opinion). We have all used them, they’re all great yoyos and we all know that anyway.
Nuff said