Yoyofactory Wedge stability

Just got one of these the other day and had some thoughts. Lots have described it as being stable. But it has pretty steep walls and the area to catch the string is pretty narrow for how wide it is overall. Ive found that sometimes instead of the string going into the gap of the yoyo it will land onto the flat edge for a very brief time and will throw it wildly off axis. I feel like maybe this yoyo is only stable if you have solid technique.

1 Like

Just keep throwing, it will get better. Thats all there is to it. Just keep going

4 Likes

tbh every single yoyo in this universe will be unstable with bad enough technique.

5 Likes

I have some yoyos that really require precision throws or tilts will happens. I gave away my Wedge but never noticed the problem you are describing but we are all different. Some yoyos just require time to get to know. I’ve gotten new yoyos and after a few throws I thought I should sell them because they’d tilt / go off axis easily etc. but it was really only my throwing technique which a lot of my other yoyos tolerated just fine. Sometimes finding the right string length and thickness also helps. Some yoyos play better at slower speeds - not by throwing more gently but going through tricks / combos a little more slowly. This is all just based on my personal experience and I’m sure it’s made some people here roll their eyes.

3 Likes

Agreed. I’m still learning the “compulsories” and have noticed that if I pick up a yoyo that I haven’t used in even a couple of months, it’s pretty much new to me.

2 Likes

Of course. I feel like this one may be more susceptible to less than perfect technique though.

Whereas something like the shutter wide angle would be much less likely to be pushed off axis and slowed down by the string.

1 Like