Yoyofactory Replay responsive sleep time & advanced trick

Hello guys
My replay yoyo sleep time is 15 second, it this normal?
For this responsive yoyo, can do barrel rolls?
Because before i play with my first yoyo Magicyoyo D2 Onethird, and i can’t do barrel rolls.
So i buy replay yesterday and still can’t do this trick.
It is my skill problem or responsive yoyo problem?

Thank you. :smile:

3 Likes

As I recall responsive Replays generally come with response pads that extend into the gap well past flush and greatly impede sleep times and trick capabilities. If you want to maximize the performance of a responsive replay I would highly recommend replacing the thick pads with pads that sit flush and/or pouring flowable response. You can then add sone thick lube to the bearing as needed to maintain the desired level of response rather than having the thick pads do most of the work of ‘responding’.

3 Likes

Welcome!

I think with enough time and practice you’ll be able to pull it off in 15 seconds :+1: Lots of other tricks around that skill level you can learn that are shorter too

4 Likes

My heart breaks when I hear beginners having this problem with a Replay because I had the same difficulty several years ago. Thankfully I had thinner response pads to switch out which when put in I had a lot more sleep time playing it responsive. Welcome to the Forums. The Replay as it is of the box demands a lot of accuracy with throws. If a throw is not perfectly straight the string will rub the response pads causing a loss of spin time making any trick difficult. I’m not saying a Replay needs to be altered right after recieving it but the solution I mentioned made the Replay more fun for me. I’ve never tried this but carefully removing one of the response e pads may help a lot. Anyone else here agree?

1 Like

So the colour of the pad represents the thickness?
Is there a specific pad you would recommend?

2 Likes

I don’t think color represents thickness. As I recall they have thick pads and slim pads. These come in different colors. The colors, although not specifically designed to I believe, do have very slight differences in hardness or grip, but this would likely be imperceptible in a responsive replay.

Replays, and most of the response YYF plastics, come stock with the thick pads which protrude into the gap of the yoyo. While this provides a snappy response for beginners it kills the spin time. If you are playing a Replay responsive I would recommend changing to the slim pads and adding thick lube to the bearing as needed to get the desire level of response you prefer.

Good luck and happy yoyo!

PS. Welcome to the forum!!!

2 Likes

Awesome!
Thanks for the advice
So any colour, just as long as they are
Slim 19mm
I’ve gotta be honest, I’m still a bit confused.
I get what you’re saying, just looking at the product description, it doesn’t look as straight forward

Yes! After reading the product description it seems the colors ‘are’ intentionally different in their grip and wear, but any of the slims will be a drastic performance improvement over the thick’s that’s come stock in a responsive replay. I would not over think the color differences. Maybe once you get into competing or premium unresponsive sounds you can experiment.

1 Like

Righteo!
Thanks heaps!

1 Like

When I got a Replay a few years ago I switched the pads to normal 19mm slim pads (they’re white) which made me enjoy the Replay a lot more since it got more spin time. They’re $2 a pair and last forever.

2 Likes

What kind of string are you using?

I learned up through Buddha’s Revenge with what I would consider to be a much more difficult yoyo. I too struggled with very short spin times, but with practice you throws will be better in the long run.

4 Likes

Hiya, welcome to the chat!
I’d say do it another 100 times. Build up that muscle memory and keep your hands directly infront of each other.
Good luck on your quest for the barrel rolls, you got this👍

3 Likes

Thank you so much guys :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Instead of upgrade pads or lube, i direct purchase a new yoyo, haha
After a few week, in November end, i bought my third yoyo - Magicyoyo T5, and it was my first unresponsive yoyo.
Yeah, brought me a lot of fun and challenges, long spin time can do more trick.
And i considering my next yoyo should be N12 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Yoyofactory so expensive :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I’d still recommend putting in some slim pads in the replay. You won’t regret it! You can then put in a different bearing and make it unresponsive too.

Have fun with your new yoyo.

3 Likes

The N12 is very good. You will like it.

1 Like