YoYoFactory Presents: Turbo Grind Machine & Turbo Grind Mutant

Turbo-Grind-Machine-Feature

Mutant_GrindMachine-Feature
The heavier Turbo Grind ‘Mutant’ is exclusive and only purchasable as a ‘set’ with the other Turbo Grind Machine.

Way back when YoYoFactory first started setting world records, redefining contest yo-yos and the tricks that could be done on them they had an idea. Pads below the surface, to generate spin and response… on bearing yo-yos.

It was novel, it was cool & it kickstarted the next generation of yo-yo design and play. They still have love for these old pads and the warm response it generates in a yo-yo so they retried their first metal yo-yo shape with these classic pads that they now have again made available to the world.

Green-Turbo-Grind-Machine Green-Turbo-Grind-Machine-2
Purple-Turbo-Grind-Mutant Purple-Turbo-Grind-Mutant-2

The play characteristics are tug response that allows smooth slides on the string. Its a very beginner friendly setup and also great for modern responsive play. The lenses add weight but without the caps its already a nice solid yo-yo. Lubricant can be added to the bearing for an even snappier response but players familiar with the day will soon rediscover their love for the pads with a dry clean bearing.

001 - You build on what comes before you.  In 1996 there wasn’t a 1a division. Looping (2a) was the elite freestyle division. The aim of manufacturers was strange by todays standards- to create a single yo-yo t…

Comes complete in box with: Yo-Yo Pouch 2 non removable lenses, 1 pack string, 2 replacement retro response pads.

12 Likes

Looks fun!

question about the response system. The specs on YYE read, “Response: “Slim Pad” Size 19mm OD”. I’m assuming this is wrong based on the above picture.

2 Likes

Its also an A bearing @YoYoExpert

Turbo Grind Machine Specifications:

Diameter: 56.63 mm / 2.23 inches
Width: 34.85 mm / 1.37 inches
Gap Width: 4.58 mm / 0.18 inches
Weight: 55.5 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Response: “Slim Pad” Size 19mm OD
Material: 6061 Aluminum
Designed in: USA
Made in: China
Released: June 2023
2 Likes

Great catch! - Just updated! :sweat_smile::sunglasses:

Also:

Turbo Grind Machine:
Weight with the Cap 63

Turbo Grind Mutant:
Weight with the Cap 66.5

3 Likes

I honestly don’t get the appeal for writing on yoyos… a lot of the times it looks so tacky and ruins the yo-yo for me…

For those not sure of response system - they’re the vintage (styled) cork pads. Definitely a fun yoyo (I have the regular Turbo Grind Machine), been enjoying some 0a action with it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

“These look vintage… but the actual material formula has been tweaked”.

NOTICE……Disregard the above information.

Since Ben… from Yoyofactory gave the 1 like to beheinz63 reply, it’s perfectly clear that I was given ‘misinformation’.

Since I’ve known Ben for about 25 years… I probably would have preferred he had contacted me to let me know my statement was incorrect.

But, then again, there I go thinking, lol…

Sorry for the error.

6 Likes

Could swear @yyfben2.deactivated said in a stream its the same material, they just a new punch to manufacture them

1 Like

Wonder how many turbo mutants were made… there still available on the site.