YoyoFactory Northstar (Aurora Borealis)

I agree, and really like the look of the clear on their yo-yos lately. That clear on the Cyborg looked so nice and white.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3847/14389481312_5367711ace.jpg
Cyborg by TotalArtist Yoyos, on Flickr

Now that Cyborg looks cool, is that powder coated? I didn’t think white anodization was possible, which is why no-one offers white on metal.

That’s the part I don’t understand. I always read that white was impossible. It’s definitely anodized. :-\ To me, that definitely looks white. They have achieved the impossible I guess. :smiley:

Well it’s supposed to be clear/silver, it’s not actually white, or else it would be a lot more expensive :smiley:

Even the background color on the CLYW confetti bonfires looks almost white. Which surprised me as well. I think anodizing companies are getting better at perfecting a white color and maybe our dream of having a white anodized yoyo will come true!!!

I mean I’m usually not a fan of them, but I want these…

I wonder who was sacrificed in their quest to create a white anodize…

Just saw this, summer has been busy and I haven’t had time to get online or yoyo much, but I’m getting off topic.

THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!! I will have to take a que from some of you and start asking for yoyos for Christmas and my birthday.

Available July 5th according to @yoyofactory Instagram. I can’t wait!

http://photos-d.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpa1/10483318_690171761018123_639849416_n.jpg

That picture makes it look so nice! YYF’s Northstar always looked beast to me when I first saw it. Going on the wishlist for sure :o

Darn, I thought the release was tomorrow, darn, got to wait two more days… That picture looks stunning.

Yeah, I wonder if the July 4th sales will still be in effect when they drop. We’ll see how it goes.

I’ll probably end up ordering one of these. Never had a Northstar, but the Protostar is my favorite yoyo, even above my metals.

Sadly, my Protostar has become loose and the arrows won’t stay lined up. The thing basically unscrews itself while playing. The female half of the yoyo is a bit wobbly and rocks back and forth as well. I have to regularly squeeze the two halves together and you can hear them re-seat. It’s only a temporary fix, though. Oddly enough, it still manages to have minimal vibe - Much less than my Rally, that’s for sure.

Kind of sad, because it isn’t even that old - It’s the teal Icon collection one. I didn’t over tighten it, and it never hit the ground, either.

I was actually going to order another teal protostar, but I think this Northstar wins by default.

Due to the side effects on the Rally, you can continue to tighten it and just spin the yoyo halves and not strip the axle or anything, and tune it. Took me maybe 45 minutes to get mine /perfect/

Well, they’re like side effects. :wink:

I’ve spent a lot of time trying to get it perfect, but it seems to always have the same vibe no matter how much time I spend tuning it. Not sure what I’m doing wrong other than not being persistent enough.

To be fair, the Rally just isn’t my cup of tea. The shape doesn’t feel quite right, and the play is kind of ‘meh’. I know that isn’t fair since it’s definitely a great yoyo, but it just hasn’t clicked with me, as much as I wanted it to. The material also doesn’t seem to get along with my skin. When all the stars align just right, humidity, etc etc, then I can get great grinds going. Most of the time, however, it just clings to my skin.

This is coming from someone who loves plastic throws. I probably prefer plastic over metal. For example, the severe vibes like crazy, but I find that it plays better than my rally.

I’ll probably give the Yeti a shot next time it’s restocked. It’s one of the few plastics I haven’t got my hands on. (I really need to try the new Diffusion too, what with all the hype surrounding it.)

It only takes a few minute to then my rally dead smooth lol

They aren’t on sale yet! I have to wait even longer.

Imsure this has already been answered but the shaquler star is tje same as the protostar not the northstar.

Btw those look awesome!

Nope its a northstar. It has a flat hub.

2 Likes