Northstar out of production?

Is the YYF Northstar out of production? Meaning when the last of this batch sells out they will no longer be made?

I think this is a temporary thing.

The story goes YYF made some announcement about the Northstar being cut off. I think they are just rebranding it the “ShaqleStar” or something like that as part of their Champions series(which includes other renamed throws and some new designs).

I get the impression this will be a 1 year run, then the Northstar will make a comeback. I could be wrong. Thank goodness I have a Northstar.

I thought it was gonna be called shaqlerstar. on this pic on facebook, it looks like a northstar to me

The shaqlerstar is indeed the same specs as the northstar. there was another thread about this last week where ben was talking about it

1 Like

it is not part of our every day line but we still intend to keep it available. The Shaqler edition in Champions Collection will ensure it remains available in 2012.

i think you can buy shaqlerstars at the(hint: opposite of fast foward ) store

When i played the shaqler star it played different than my regular northstar

its the same yoyo dude. maybe you were playing a lemon or its the good old placebo effect.

I played a shaq star and it was so much smoother and faster than my northstar. Although my northstars are crap.