YoYoFactory - Made in USA

I think we just agreed on something. Strange times…

I’m going to just promote the yoyos that do by anyone’s definition. The rest to me too, are not made in USA and we do not indicate or promote them as such.

Really? Which part?

Instead of stating “Made in the USA” have you thought about switching to “Designed in the USA”? If not you are still going to have to deal with those that want the entire process in the US.

This yoyo was made in China. Founded, Designed, Played in the USA. But not made.
They can’t spring for domestic machine work on a special United States edition of a yoyo? Mayhaps this is why the number of domestic machine shops is spiraling down.

For made in USA (completely) we say made in USA

For everything else we don’t say made in USA (even if legally we can).

Yeah, you’ve mentioned that.

Maybe, Ben, just maybe, if you want to step away from the Made in China label, stop making things in China. Otherwise people will always think your stuff is made in China. Because it is.

Some of it is, so that people with any level of disposable income can have access to nice yoyos, and that’s what is important to all of us, right? We could debate global commerce all day, but in the end, YYF seems to be about promoting yoyoing more than anything else, and I like that.

4 Likes

And? Affordable yoyos and outsourcing do not have to go hand in hand.
I have no problem with YYF making things in China, I just don’t like Ben coming in here all butthurt to defend his product against what in most cases is the truth.

Luckily we have you to speak out as the voice of reason(?) and fight for truth and justice for all!

Well Overall, YoYofactory brings quality to the player. Each product you guys create is top-notch. USA and China are good quality. Nuff Said.

Mikes does have a bit of a point though. If you are going to make a product representing a country it should probably be made 100% in that country to bring out the nationalistic pride. I know I get angry when I see American Flags with “Made in China” or “Made in Taiwan” on the little wooden handle. I would expect that if Weird were to make a “Made in Australia” yo-yo that it would be made in Australia, the same with C3 and a Chinese themed yo-yo. Anything less makes people feel like the company in question is trying to capitalize on the name of the country without actually putting all the manufacturing dollars into it… case in point, Mikers’ comments. From your previous comments, it sounds like you want don’t want to be that company so for future runs you may consider reserving USA themed yo-yos for when you have the means to machine them in house, in Arizona.

Hi saintrobyn.

The yoyo in the picture was made in the USA, and it was stated clearly on the reverse side.

For the sake of it…

In March we will release a JAPAN collection. It will be special editions of signature yo-yos of of team who are located in Japan. We do not have any production facilities in Japan.
Should we cancel this project?

Quite frankly I don’t see “nationalistic pride” as to why most people criticize products made in China. My impression is that it’s the perceived quality they are concerned with, rightly or wrongly.

2 Likes

so… whats up with the space cowboy being a bi-metal?

My whole post? Not just the link? Fine.

Space Cowboy from the same series is China made, and you yourself neglected to mention Genesis as a US product.

and you are going to hold that against me?

come on. You started posting in this thread by saying you preferred I not post here, now you want to have a nit picky conversation?

Move on.

1 Like

Fair enough, you’re right, I don’t want to talk to you.
Just can’t pass up an opportunity to say you’re being a little punk about people having anything to say about your product that isn’t 100% positive.

1 Like

I often feel that it’s the opposite as far as yoyo manufacturing goes. YYF has been proving for years that “Made in China” products can be of a consistently high quality while also allowing the products to be offered for a much lower retail price. In the face of this evidence I can’t help but think that the majority of anti-“Made in China” people are a result of national pride (bordering on xenophobia).

To be fair, most American flags are made in China…

4 Likes

I don’t agree with your conclusion. I agree that YYF quality is good, but I believe people have a knee jerk reaction to the quality being inferior.

is ‘knee jerk’ the name of the injury you get when you try to remove yyf bearings?

2 Likes