Yoyofactory Bracket Tournament #1

Yoyofactory Bracket week 1
#1 Moz vs Will
This is something new that i’m trying. Im gonna try to do one round of a bracket tournament each monday. When one bracket is finished, i’m going to make a new one. Im gonna count all the votes at 7:00pm(Central Daylight Time) on sunday.

Write which yoyo you’re voting below.

4 Likes

better idea: poll feature

• Moz
  • Will
0 voters
2 Likes

Team Horizon is in shambles right now. Paul fans, we need to get loud.

Shutter v Spotlight Ultra also seems kinda awkward if this is single elim. Either of those yoyos getting out in round 1 would be tragic.

6 Likes

Moz is my fave yyf i’ve tried. easy vote for me

very good point. I wanna see how things were seeded :face_with_monocle:

How is there not any version of 888 especially not the dark horse the dv888 a o also can’t tell if there’s a switchblade up there and horizon…

1 Like

Interesting idea. I’ve not played either (never even heard of the Moz), so I don’t have a dog in this fight.

The Czech Point Pivot must’ve been too busy doing laps in the winner circle to do your bracket :wink:

3 Likes

I’m fairly confident 888, Genesis and Shutter are the 3 best selling YYF metals of all time and only 1 of them is in there. Genesis is probably the 2nd best selling signature model metal yoyo of all time across all brands. I guess it’s like a competition yoyo list idk. I legitimately don’t know what like half of the yoyos are, including the current 2 being voted on

3 Likes

When I was @ YYF two years ago for Nats they said either Dv888 or Shutter was their best selling metal yoyo ever (they didn’t know for sure between the two since they didn’t have the data in front of them)

2 Likes

Also no one asked the best YYF’s ever made IMO are the IQ, Spotlight Ultra, 7075 Supernova & OG Genesis, not in any particular order - they’re just different feels. 888, Shutter, Protostar also deserved to be mentioned despite not being the best, but they sure are important as hell.

3 Likes

Why did they have to water down the Supernova so quickly? 2009-2011 was really their peak imo.

Have you played an OG Rockstar?

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking protostar/northstar was odd to omit too but I didn’t see any other plastics so I was fine with letting that one slide but the one star and its reskinned sibling the OG sage should get honorable mentions if we dig into plastics

I’m mildly surprised the spinstar is behind the dv888 in sales

Forgot the dv888 existed tbh. For sure it’s sold insane numbers

1 Like

How can I vote if I haven’t tried all the yoyos…dang

I agree with the IQ.

Let’s go with the metaphor:

Filling in this bracket is like filling in the NIT bracket. I feel that Yoyofactory is not really playing well enough to make the NCAA tournament this year.

3 Likes

Yup. I’m pretty much on board with @SR1’s list. IQ, 7075 Supernova, OG Genesis and I’d add 7075 Blue Luis Genesis, Heavy Orange Luis Genesis and Supernova Light. Haven’t played Spotlight Ultra. In all honesty I think the monometals mentioned are the greatest ever made outside of the Sleipnir