(Yoyofactory) Arrow or Velocity

Please suggest one of the 2. Thank you.

3 Likes

Probably the Arrow. Velocity seems kinda gimmicky, though I’ve never thrown one.

2 Likes

Arrow most definitely.

1 Like

Depends on your skill level. If you’ve only thrown responsive Yo-Yos before, then the arrow will take a while to learn on, but in the long run it’ll suit you better. But if you want a good entrance to advanced yoyoing, get the velocity. Personally, I prefer The Wedge MILES from the arrow.

2 Likes

Arrow imo. Comes with 2 bearings so you can go between responsive an unresponsive, and it’s a bit bigger than velo so it’s easier to catch it on strings when you practice and it’s cheaper. Velocity is mighty fun though, and I started with one.

1 Like

Can you throw a good sleeper already? And do you know any basic tricks yet or starting fresh?

2 Likes

I’d certainly say arrow. I used the velocity as a beginner, & while it’s a very proficient Yoyo, it won’t get you very far past the basics & mine have all broken down. I consider the arrow a MUCH more traditional Yoyo that you can disassemble & service it like any other throw.

I’d also advise getting one with a thicc centertrack bearing to get you going on unresponsive.

The problem with the velocity is if you hit it on the ground–and you will–there’s a good chance the plastic shuttles inside can break, they are pretty brittle, and then your yoyo wont work very well, so yeah, arrow.

1 Like

I’m a complete beginner at tricks, mainly cause my only yoyo is an oldschool round metallic one from a toy store. Couldn’t find any better option in my town so now I’m looking online and those 2 looked the most promising (I live in greece so even online the variety is not that great)

4 Likes

We have recently found a really good way to go is to get a responsive yoyo for the basics and an unresponsive yoyo for when you are ready to bind. Velocity and Arrow are both great. But if you can get a SpinStar with a Replay Pro or a Wedge it makes for a really nice and easy transition to unresponsive play! :blush:

Feel free to send us an email if you have any questions about shipping that we can help with. Contact@YoYoExpert.com

4 Likes

Arrow if you’re limiting yourself to the two. But IMO I’d personally get a Recess First Base.

Velocity is fine and I find it fun at times, but it won’t help you learn about swapping out bearings or changing response pads or any of that Maintenance 101 stuff.

I have a prototype Arrow from one of the YYE mystery boxes and even with the weight caps they gave us later, it’s still kinda meh compared to the First Base. Not sure if the production run is any heavier but just a bit too light IMO.

2 Likes

I am from Greece too and I am in the same situation and I want to know what you decided and if you can please tell me your opinion about this yoyo.

1 Like

The arrow used to be my favorite but when its response speed got a little wobbly, the velocity took first place because of its dials.

But I kinda like them the same.