YoYoExpert - Official Contest - #1

Part 1
Original: It’s a really smooth.
Correction: It’s really smooth.

Original: To start off “Skin the Gerbil” you land on a trapeze.
Correction: To start off “Skin the Gerbil,” you land on Trapeze.

Original: It makes it swing way around like that.
Correction: It makes it swing right around like that.

Original: It’s kind of like a backwards brain twister.
Correction: It’s kind of like a backwards Brain Twister.

Original: That’s the first step of “Skin the Gerbil”.
Correction: That’s the first step of “Skin the Gerbil.”

Part 2
Original: Skin the gerbil one more time looks like this.
Correction: Skin the Gerbil, one more time, looks like this.

Original: It is a really nice smooth flowing trick.
Correction: It is a really nice, smooth, flowing trick.

Original: When you do skin the gerbil, one of the things that you really want to think about is get your ears spinning fast, get it smooth and keep it dead center on a string.
Correction: When you do Skin the Gerbil, one of the things that you really want to think about, get your yo-yo spinning fast. Get it smooth and keep it dead center in the string.

Original: We hit the string, we went under, doubled up and brought it back around and we are here.
Correction: We’ve hit the string, we went under, doubled up, brought it back around, and we’re here.

Original: So what you want to do is get up to this point with me, over here and from here what you are going to do is unwrap that part and you are going to swing it around your non-throw hand point a.
Correction: So what you want to do is get up to this point with me, where we’re here and from here what you are going to do is unwrap that part and you are going to swing it around your non-throw hand pointer.

Original: You come around and hit there; that’s the end of part 1.
Correction: You come back around, hit there; that’s the end of part 1.

Original: You undo that and come around and miss.
Correction: And then you undo that. You come around and miss.

Original: All you are doing is missing
Correction: So all you are doing is missing.

Original: You land onto the string.
Correction: And then you land it onto the string.

Original: Very simple. Unroll, unroll, unroll and catch and then that is skin the gerbil.
Correction: Then you simply unroll, unroll, you’re back in Trapeze, unroll, and catch. And then that is Skin the Gerbil.

This is not really a correction, but I did it anyways…

http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/003-basic-yo-yo-string.html

Original:
Correction: Now we’re going to talk about yo-yo string. Now, yo-yos, you need a string attached in some form. And string is important.

Original: There’s actually many different kinds of yo-yo strings.
Correction: There’s actually many different kinds of yo-yo string.

Original: A basic yo-yo string is actually 2 strands of strong twisted together.
Correction: A basic yo-yo string is actually 2 strands of string twisted together.

Original: This is string is all set for me because it’s just about my height.
Correction: This string is all set for me, because it’s just about my height.

Original: That’s the basic of yo-yo string.
Correction: And that’s the basics of yo-yo string.

http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/041-advanced-buddhas-revenge.html
correction

The one and a half mount is kind of a stalled double or nothing doesn’t go the whole way around it comes one and a half times around and lands on that string underneath.

The one and a half mount is a kind of stalled double or nothing doesn’t go the whole way around it comes one and a half times around and lands on that string underneath.

correction
It’s kind of a cool looking trick.

It’s a kind of cool looking trick.
correction

When you?re all done with it you roll and dismount into a trapeze, which you just missed.

When you’re all done with it you roll and dismount into a trapeze, which you just missed.

correction
So let me show that motion again.

So let me show that motions again.
correction

And that’s “Buddha?s Revenge.”

And that’s “Buddha’s Revenge.”

http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/042-advanced-eli-hops.html
correction
It?s a cool trick and it takes a little bit of practice but it is not as complicated as some of the string tricks we were just doing.

It’s a cool trick and it takes a little bit of practice but it is not as complicated as some of the string tricks we were just doing.

correction

It?s worth doing because it helps get you consecutive in the string and its cool looking.

It’s worth doing because it helps get you consecutive in the string and its cool looking.

correction

When you get on the stage and do this people will really like this move.

When you get on the stage and do this, people there will really like the move.

correction
It’s a cool trick, it launches the yo-yo all the way up the string and you just basically catch it again.

It’s a cool trick, it launches the yo-yo all the way up the string and you just catch it again.

correction
Start with the trapeze, you bring you hands together just like the mount we were working on before you pull them apart very fast and this is what launches the yo-yo up into the air.

Start with the trapeze, you bring your hands together just like the mount we were working on before you pull them apart very fast and this is what launches the yo-yo up into the air.

correction
It goes all the way up and you just basically pull your throw hand backwards, it kind of pulls the yo-yo back down to the earth and back towards the string.

It goes all the way up and you just pull your throw hand backwards, it kind of pulls the yo-yo back down to the earth and back towards the string.

correction
If you keep your hand straight and keep the yo-yo strings straight lined up with it as you pull back that hand the yo-yo should come pretty straightforward.

If you keep your hand straight and keep the yo-yo strings straight lined up with it as you pull back, that hand the yo-yo should come pretty straightforward

correction
It is definitely worth it and if you pull your string back like that you?re definitely more likely to hit it.

It is definitely worth it and if you pull your string back like that you’re definitely more likely to hit it.

correction
If you?re trying to catch it all the way over there, you might not catch it every time

If you’re trying to catch it all the way over there, you might not catch it every time

correction

So the closer you can bring that yo-yo to your finger you?re going to be hitting it more often.

So the closer you can bring that yo-yo to your finger you’re going to be hitting it more often.

http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/043-advanced-kwijibo.html

correction

It’s definitely worth practicing. Let me show you what it looks like. Kwijibo, it actually starts with the 1 and a half mount, which we touched on in McBride Rollercoaster first and we also discussed in Buddha’s Revenge.

It’s definitely worth practicing. Let me show you what it looks like. Kwijibo, it actually starts with the one and a half mount, which we touched on in McBride Roller coaster first and we have discussed in Buddha’s Revenge.

correction
It’s going to really help you when you start this trick. Kwijibo looks like this.

It’s really going to help you when you start this trick. Kwijibo looks like this.

correction
Practice that once you get there it’s kind of a similar motion to Loser’s Binge you actually roll it you are going to roll the yo yo over your fingers but as you do so you uncross and recross your hands in one motion so it looks like this.

Practice that once you get there it’s a kind of similar motion to Loser’s Binge you actually roll it you are going to roll the yo-yo over your fingers but as you do so you uncross and recross your hands in one motion so it looks like this.
orrection
You’ve got yo yo on a string here. This is the hardest part of the trick.

You’ve got yo-yo on a string here. This is the hardest part of the trick
correction

You have to actually pop the yo yo into the air.

You have to pop actually the yo-yo into the air.
correction
And it’s a similar motion to what you did when you first started it.

And it’s a similar motion to what you did when you started it.
correction
You pop it up like that and bring your this time its your non throw hand pointer finger across and underneath the yo yo that lands it right into a double nothing.

You pop it up like that and bring your non throw hand pointer finger across and underneath the yo-yo that lands it right into a double nothing.
correction

So, let me show you again it looks like this. Pop, cross, uncross,cross and shoot right underneath the yo yo.

So, let me show you again, it looks like this. Pop, cross, uncross, cross and shoot right underneath the yo-yo.
correction
I’ll try and get it again for you.

I’ll try to get it again for you.

correction
It takes a while to learn but it is worth it.

It takes awhile to learn but it is worth it.

correction

Buddha’s Revenge is kind of like, has quite a few of the moves and the feel in it.

Buddha’s Revenge is kind of like, has few of the moves and the feel in it.

Um…you know, after 15 posts, its not gonna count. But, it is good that you are still going, cause then you’re just helping out, lol

http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/044-advanced-leg-wrap-trap.html
correction
It’s really impressive, you practice that and people are going to be like you?re a yo-yo pro.

It’s really impressive, you practice that and people are going to be like you’re a yo-yo pro.

correction
It makes a full circle like that and then just as it is coming back around you bring your other leg forward and its going to shoot across through behind that.

It makes a full circle like that and then just as it is coming back around you bring your other leg forward and it’s going to shoot across through behind that.
correction
The other thing that might help is as you’re doing it grab a little bit of the string.

The other thing that might help is as you’re doing it grabs a little bit of the string.
correction

The catch is also tricky to, your gonna need your hand ready to go right back there, again you want to try and bring your finger as close to the yo-yo as possible.

The catch is also tricky to, your going to need your hand ready to go right back there, again you want to try to bring your finger as close to the yo-yo as possible.

correction

Try and get a really strong straight sleeper, that’s going to help you get it through your legs.

Try to get a really strong straight sleeper, that’s going to help you get it through your legs.

http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/046-advanced-grinding.html
correction
There are lots of different moves.

There are many different moves.
correction
You want a really really strong throw.

You want a really strong throw.

correction

When I throw I snap my yoyo as hard as I can to get it to really go.

When I throw I snap my yo-yo as hard as I can to get it really to go.
correction
It’s really important because the faster it’s going the longer it’s going to go and it’s going to look better.

It’s really important because the faster it’s going the longer it’s going to, look better.
correction
Try and point your hand a little bit side ways.

Try to point your hand a little bit side ways.

correction
So land it on there when you first start just try and get the yoyo to hit it and shoot straight across.

So land it on there when you start just try to get the yo-yo to hit it and shoot straight across.

http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/047-advanced-slack-trapeze.html

correction
Some people will do some more cool looking slack tricks.

Some people will do some cooler looking slack tricks.

correction

You’re going to have to pinch the string because in order to get slack the string needs to get pinched

You’re going to have to pinch the string because to get slack the string needs to get pinched
correction

Pretend you have a little rock in your hand your actually going to take that rock and like just throw it over and notice how the string kind of floated over like that.

Pretend you have a little rock in your hand you’re actually going to take that rock and like just throw it over and notice how the string kind of floated over like that.
correction
It lands you in kind of a backwards trapeze and that?s when you roll out of that.

It lands you in a kind of backwards trapeze and that’s when you roll out of that.
correction

It looks kind of like this.

It looks some what like this.
correction
When you’re in that. Once you hit it, you’re in basically a trapeze except your throw hand string is behind the back so you can’t just roll like normal.

When you’re in that. Once you hit it, you’re in a trapeze except your throw hand string is behind the back so you can’t just roll like normal.
correction
What you have to actually do is, watch my throw hand.

What you have actually to do is, watch my throw hand.
correction
Another tip is, when you hit it, the second that string hits the yoyo drop it.

Another tip is, when you hit it, the second, that string hits the yo-yo drops it.

http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/048-advanced-throwhand-grind.html

correction
They had to do a set amount of tricks to get into it.

They had to do a set number of tricks to get into it.
correction

It’s got some good basic fundamentals and it helps you control your grinds. So if you haven’t looked at the grind video yet, go take a look at that.

It’s got some good fundamentals and it helps you control your grinds. So if you haven’t looked at the grind video yet, go take a look at that.
correction

Once it’s grinding there just let it grind there for a second because it’s enough to give the effect of the yoyo grinding.

Once it’s grinding there just let it grind there for a second because it’s enough to give the affect of the yo-yo grinding.

http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/049-advanced-snap-start.html

correction
And like I said it’s a cool way to start a yoyo it’s a lot cooler than winding a string.

And like I said it’s a cool way to start a yo-yo its a lot cooler than winding a string.

correction

It’s just kind of the motion. So just do that with your fingers anyways to get the feel of it.

It’s just kind of the motion. So just do that with your fingers anyway to get the feel of it.
correction
That’s what’s giving it all that spin.

That’s what has giving it all that spin.

http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/050-advanced-wrist-whip.html
correction
One of the key things to think about is, you want to try and line up the string with the edge of your wrist kind of.

One key thing to think about is, you want to try to line up the string with the edge of your wrist kind of.

correction
To get out of it, once you’re in it, because it’s kind of a weird mount.

To get out of it, once you’re in it, because it’s a kind of weird mount.

http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/051-advanced-thumb-grind.html
correction

It’s kind of a way of, another way of grinding the yoyo.

It’s a kind of way of, another way of grinding the yo-yo.

correction
This specific yoyo I’m using has two ridges,

This specific yo-yo I’m using has a two ridges,
correction

You’ll notice a lot of people think that fingernails play a roll, my fingernails are pretty short.

You’ll notice a lot of people think that fingernail play a roll, my fingernails are pretty short.
correction
Just keep your thumb in there as long as you want and drop it off.

Just keep your thumb in there while you want and drop it off.

correction

You can also jump it up to your hand and catch it, like so, it shoots straight across.

You can also jump it up to your hand and catch it, like so, it shoots strait across.

http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/052-advanced-cold-fusion.html
correction
Again you have to practice this and get it full speed to get the affect like that

Again you have to practice this and get it full speed to get the effect like that

correction

Because it looks good if you do it really fast. It’s definitely a trick worth learning.

Because it looks well if you do it really fast. It’s definitely a trick worth learning.
correction
It’s based off of Buddha’s Revenge.

It’s based off Buddha’s Revenge.

http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/053-advanced-dr-strange.html
correction
The next step is, you literally, take those fingers, just like mach five, and you revolve them, it’s to my right, so if you’re right handed go to your right, if you’re left handed go to your left. They revolve around the yoyo, so you bring it across tight, goes around the yoyo, to the right, like so, and once you’re here, take your throw hand pointer finger and drop it in there.

The next step is, you take those fingers, just like mach five, and you revolve them, it’s to my right, so if you’re right handed go to your right, if you’re left handed go to your left. They revolve around the yoyo, so you bring it across tight, goes around the yoyo, to the right, like so, and once you’re here, take your throw hand pointer finger and drop it in there.

correction
You roll once to the left, and if you look real closely at the center, the strings kind of crooked around there.

You roll once to the left, and if you look real closely at the center, the strings somewhat crooked around there.
correction

Let me show you and break that down again, real quick.

Let me show you and break, that down again, real quick.

Corrections:

This one wasn’t too bad. =]

~yo! shi!

Corrections:

Now I’m just nitpicking like crazy.

~yo! shi!

Corrections:

~yo! shi!

Looping intro-
http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/100-looping-overview.html
1 .Looping tricks is done with the yo-yo.
Correction
Looping tricks are done with a yo-yo.
2.Duncan, I think actually has a trademark on that name.
Correction
Duncan, I think, actually has a trademark on that name.
3.So some of the other yo-yo companies just call them rounded shape yo-yo.
Correction
So, some of the other yo-yo companies just call them rounded shape yo-yo.
4.But pretty much, if the yo-yo comes up, over, and you’ll notice the gap is really tight on this.
Correction
But, pretty much, if the yo-yo comes up, over, and you’ll…
5.The reason is, is this is so, is so the string can grab it
Correction
The reason for this is so the string can grab it
6.So this is a looping yo-yo.
Correction
So, this is a looping yo-yo.
7.What you want to do, when you’re first starting on looping, I think we already touched on forward pass and we’re going to touch on this again but I’m going to give you an idea of what looping looks like.
Correction
What you want to do when you’re first starting on looping, that I think we already touched on, is the forward pass
8. It’s throwing the yo-yo out repeatedly controlling it.
Correction
It’s throwing the yo-yo out and repeatedly controlling it.
9. This style is actually one of the most basic styles of yo-yoing.
Correction
This is a style that has–it’s actually it’s one of the most basic styles of yo-yoing.
10.If you went back 30 years, people were still doing this kind of tricks.
Correction
If you went back 30 years, people were still doing these kinds of tricks.
11.And what they do now with them at the competition is two-handed versions.
Correction
And what they do with them at competitions now are two-handed versions.