Next Generation Yo-Yo Contest!

Hello YoYoExpert Forum! I’m here today to put forth to all of you, a CONTEST OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

As most of you know, André Boulay (in all his awesomeness), awards each YoYoExpert Forum eXpert a YoYoJam Dark Magic as a “thank you” for their contributions to the forum. My first real yo-yo was a white Dark Magic, so this eXpert one is number two in my collection. While I cannot thank him enough for what he does for us all, I have thought of a simple way to “pay it forward”. I came up with a simple contest, and the reward: My first YYJ Dark Magic.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8858/asdfqwer.jpg
RTV Siliconed, White YYJ Dark Magic my prized possesion

Here’s how it works:
I want my Dark Magic to help expand the world of yo-yoing, one player at a time. I want anyone who is interested to write a one or two paragraph (or even make a vlog!) reply in this thread telling me why you want this DM, how it’s going to help you in your personal yo-yoing career, and how you will use it expand this hobby.

It’s very important that you understand the purpose of my doing this. I want to give this yo-yo away to someone who is going to use it to help others learn, and eventually pass it on to another player under the same conditions. It doesn’t matter what skill level you are at, in fact, I would prefer to give this away to a new player who in the process of transitioning to higher level tricks. Keep all this in mind when replying, please make sure you are willing to accept the responsibility of handing this yo-yo on to the right person when the time comes.

The rules are simple:

1. You must have a REAL and GENUINE love for yo-yoing. If you think that yo-yoing is just something to pass the time for now, please don’t apply. (Make sure that this comes through in your reply)

2. You must use this yo-yo to teach someone how to yo-yo, or help those that have already started to improve.

3. At the end of your entry, please copy this promise: “I promise to pass this yo-yo on to another player so that they might teach others as I have taught him/her. I will ensure that the next selected person is just as committed to bringing the joy of yo-yoing to others as I am, and that they make this same promise to me before I pass it on.” Make sure you read it, and really take this promise to heart. This is my first yo-yo guys and gals, it means the world to me. It’s important I find the right new home for it.

So there it is! The deadline for entry is Friday, September 25th. The winner will be decided by popular vote from my panel of judges, and announced Sunday, September 27th.

Good Luck to you all! Please make me proud to hand on this yo-yo!

P.S. Anyone except forum eXperts can enter. Also, you can PM me the entry if you’re more comfortable that way.

EDIT: 80% of life is showing up! Please don’t decide to not enter because you think you don’t deserve it, or you think someone else is going to win. You never know!

3 Likes

I don’t deserve it.

Why not? Make an entry!

1 Like

Because I agree with you, a more intermediate player would value this much more. I could recommend a friend that’s right now learning how to yo-yo, but I think there are other people that need this yo-yo. For me, it’s just a prize.

I think that you understand exactly what I want from this. I value that above all else. You and your friend should both enter :smiley:

1 Like

Hehe alright then.

Hhmm, I also have a friend who has taken an interest in yoyoing.

I’ll make her an account and she will make an entry.

She’s (yes, I got a girl interested in yoyoing.) recently bought herself a flying Squirrel, and is making her way through intermidiate tricks.

If I got that Dark Magic, I’d just yoyo on the street and give it to someone interested. I’d do anything to expand the community here, since it’s so small.

I deserve it. Give it to me. using my jedi mind trick you know you want too!

Sorry about that. lol

I think this is an awesome idea. There are enough new players that would benefit from this. I won’t enter because I have over 50 yoyo’s and have already given away soo many. I want to start keeping them to grow my collection now. Problem is I will end up giving some away anyway! lol
I understand what you want from this JM and thats awesome!

1 Like

would you be able to ship to canada.

As long as your wiling to help a little with shipping (i’ll cover anything up to $10)

1 Like

ok I’ll enter

same. :smiley:

Ok i’ll enter! I think i’ll make a vlog.

Ok i’m not going to make a vlog. I will just type my entry! Not now…later.

Ok, I think I deserve the DM because I am starting a yo-yo club at my school and this would be a perfect end of the year contest prize and it would be a great transitinal yoyo for going to unresponsive. It would also be shared by 15 other students! I was hoping to give it as a prize or just a gift to someone who really progressed! If you want, I can take a picture of us all on wednesday, because thats when it starts, um yeah, I think I, no, we as the Coral Acadamy Of Science Yo-Yo Team deserve this yo-yo because we will not only share it with one person, but 15 or 20!

I promise to pass this yo-yo on to another player so that they might teach others as I have taught him/her. I will ensure that the next selected person is just as committed to bringing the joy of yo-yoing to others as I am, and that they make this same promise to me before I pass it on."

Thanks JM,
Raymond Pruitt

1 Like

Wow i think he wins!

Me too… so far.

He’s also the only entry…keep them coming!

No kidding, it’s the first entry, making it difficult judge on that. But he does have a really good point. ;D