$ yoyo vs $$$$ yoyo

QFT, but only when you can afford whatever you want

teens will have to look at price vs performance because either they don’t have much money, either they’ll have to convince their parents

so my take is, for a teen, it has to remain comparable to, say, a video game, price wise. I couldn’t imagine how hard it is to get your parents to buy you a $135 or a $190 throw.

Hadoq.
Its HARD.
Thats why special things like Christmas or Birthdays must be used well.
Heck, its hard to get a $10 whip or some string because they get annoyed at ordering things all the time.
Man, I wish I could have a (part-time)job. :-\

Having a $$$$$$$ yoyo isn’t going to make you a better yoyoer. A $15 Lyn Fury can win you championships.

For some reason, the fact that Takashi Matsuura won worlds w/ a Lyn Fury is repeated alot. I don’t know why.

the point is, it can be done, and it gives people something to shoot for… but having a variety of yoyos to choose from is a luxury and much desired… key word is variety

and if im not mistaken, tyler severance won the year prior on a duncan freehand

I love My inexpensive Original run Fiesta, for 22 dollars, i think it outdoes an Equinox, or even the Rextreme, just due to its consruction. I have played with an equinox, and it’s just too…I don’t know, off? The rim weight is non existant, due to the placement of the metal rings. I also love how when you miss a cath with the fiesta, it doesn’t really bounce on tile floors, but stays in place and continues spinning…pretty cool, In my opinion. I also have a DV888 and an Hspin Icon. I prefer the DV888, only because of the response issues. My Icon cost 15 dollars more, and it is beast, but it ripped out it’s own response, and I can’t keep the new sili in for the life of me. So yeah, Price only matters if the yoyo is made well, in my opinion. I trust Yoyojam Plastics more than I trust yoyofactory’s plastics, but for metals, the mid-grade ones from YYF are beast. So I stick with less expensive yoyos, but that’s just me.

Yes it all depends on what cheap yoyo you are buying. But recreational Revolution is a great company with yoyos usually under $75.00. Actually I just purchased a mangaroo from them and I am probably going to buy an oscrillatrix soon. But yoyofactory usually has good cheap yoyos as well ( I dont buy from them anymore) but some yoyos of their more expensive line such as the skyline are rather dissapointing to me. So you will find it is hard to find a good cheap yoyo through asking people because cheap yoyos often have a lot to do with preference.
Thanks! Dingo.