Yoyo vs newton yoyos for sale

Are you mistaking TI Vaders for Ti Walkers?

There were about 500 TiVaders…… I seriously doubt there were 500 TiWalkers, lol…

2 Likes

Ah shoot my bad there, I must have a mix up in the name. Thanks for the correction. My bad, let me delete the flaw comment of mine lol

Looking at his old account it appears he sold TiWalker #43. There were indeed 90 production TiWalkers, 0 to 89. The recent eBay one that went for $1000 had no box and some minor rim damage. Curious to see what a MWB will go for.

1 Like

Aside from one of the moneybags collectors on this forum or overseas I highly doubt anyone here would pay the ebay price… also fees are a thing… $800-850 seems a lot more reasonable than $1k for a direct sale.

I completely agree. I had mine listed for $700 here and $1k on eBay in case anyone wanted to pay up. Clearly $150 more after fees than I would have selling it here

1 Like

maybe it can be useful and valid for a bump… by clicking on the photos you will find the production numbers

Imgur

Imgur

3 Likes

Pierre Omidyar was a computer programmer, attending a College in 1995.

He helped run a on site Campus Media program for students.

His girl was an avid Collector of PEZ dispensers. She had amassed a good number of them and had some doubles she wanted to sell to raise money to buy singles she was still looking for.

She asked Pierre for his thoughts on selling her extra PEZ dispensers?

Instead of advertising in a local newspaper, he has a sprite idea to just post them up on the college Internet site. They started selling almost immediately. Pierre was most impressed by the results. He and his girl got selling her doubles.

With the permission of the faculty, other students were encouraged to put things up they might want to sell. The concept took off in business, got so big that it turned into a genuine success, called eBay.

Today eBay operates officially in 32 different countries. eBay basically has turned into a worldwide money sucking enterprise.

I remember when eBay was going national because I was obviously older than most. You guys back in 1995. Ha ha ha. But you post something up they charge a fee like a percentage.…

Then they decided they had a brighter idea. They figured that of the government, the nickel and dime us to death they could too. So eBay started charging by setting up a whole menu of fees to help squeeze the profit from everybody that sells on eBay.

You name it they’ll charge you for it. The genius’s at eBay are so good at charging fees that I’m surprised they don’t work for the government. As a matter fact, if they did work for the government, our taxes would be even higher.

Here is a link, breaking down all eBay fees. It’s amazing to me, incredible. Actually, that pier started such a simple idea that is turned in to such a money, sucking monster.

For some, or I should say, for less than some, eBay may be better than nothing if you’re trying to move some product. But in the present day, it seems like there are many other options that don’t attempt to suck, every extra penny they can out of you.

My personal opinion, which nobody asked for, but may be enlightening for a few call, so I insert it here. Is simply this> I would rather buy some thing directly on this forum for $850, knowing the seller will get that money, then to buy the seller’s item on eBay for $1000, knowing that 150 or so come straight off the top and goes to the money suckers known as eBay.

6 Likes

I stopped selling on eBay when they split with PayPal. At least 7 years ago. Also and on a different note I am one of the owners of one of the 36 non engraved TiVayder’s and I believe that codinghorror deserves 100% of the credit and naming rights to the complete run due to the fact that it is not a direct copy and at least one minor tweak was made to the original version. I was a little disappointed when heath stepped in and put a vs Newton sticker on each box.

Recently shared with a Forum Moderator here at YYE, how much we all enjoy “Deal or No Deal” at the TheCabe.com.

Simply No Suck~

Please everyone, consider getting all those non-used yoyos into hands that actually play yoyo. Too many yoyos, not enough hands.

2 Likes

Ti Vader, (not sure if that’s the actual color way name) but just a beautiful throw. My heart broke a little but it sold for $360 today. Silver with red and black and silver ano.

I still have one of the first run Skywalker Yodas. Silver green and brown. I have the first run box. Just a simple brown box and Heath scribbled Skywalker deluxe yoyo made in the usa in ball point. Super ground floor throw and packaging. I worked a lot with Heath directly after the whole worlds thing. Good guy my heart goes out to him. He made AMAZING throws. I still have never released protos for Jaba the hut and Hut walker? I have to go down stairs n look. They will be up on ebay in a minute pricing not for the faint of heart LOL

Yeah I see you got that gzr code 2 on eBay too listed as new but your listing if you read it says you dont see any flaws and youve only thrown it a 3 or 4 times but at the bottom of listing it says its got a couple scrapes and i know pics show it, so you you might wanna change listing to used .

Thanks my wife is helping me with this. It also says GZR Is 6061. Geezer reached out to One drop to specifically make 7075 throws not 6061. I have two Nautilus throws one is raw alum and one blue ano. I think she got confused and a lil pissed at me for not being a better copilot sorry for any confusion. It will be corrected soon.

Hey Doc!
I appreciate your kind words. My collection is beloved and I have a few good ones I can’t seem to identify. If I send you a picture might you be able to use your extensive knowledge to help me identify them? Also, What do you know about YYR Mr. Butcher. I can’t seem to find any info RE: Value. I am assuming it must be pretty rare? I love all my YYR and of course all my Newton throws I got from Heath. Flying Hut proto and Moon walker proto. I feel like these are uber rare too especially the flying hut(big boy like Jaba the Hut) LOL thanks in advance for your time my friend.

All the best,
Jeff

My friend listed it at 160 Gold one good condition but not sure is sold yet. You can message him at @jadoublep for more info.

Is your friend and right place to post and ask

1 Like

are you going to sell any of your VsNYYC on ebay?

Hello my friend yes just doing research and will be posting some tomorrow so auction ends on a Saturday Thanks for your interest!

1 Like

LoL SR1! posting on ebay. Since I don’t know what a lot of these are worth in todays market. A friend of mine once said, regarding home prices. Only two prices matter. What you paid for it and what you sell it for is what it’s worth regardless of what the market does in the interim. So I guess they are worth what people are willing to pay. Did you guys see this sale on ebay? Starting bid $750 6 bids later it sold for $6673.00 plus shipping! NUTS! check the link. Insane. I sold my catch 22 for like $1200 to a collector in Japan and he paid shipping with his international shipping account with Fed Ex. I was thrilled and that was 8 years ago.
Titanium yoyo for sale | eBay

Or just go Ti yoyo sold listings price high to low to see it for yourself. I was blown away!

I’m slightly disappointed that this post has become an advertisement for an auction site. If you wanted an appraisal, there’s plenty of resources on here for that. Really nice throws, I’m glad to have seen them but what a shame. Good luck with your auctions!

4 Likes