Yoyo Video Advice

I need some advice on making a yoyo video. Especially video editing. I am looking for a free editing program that can filter, construct movies, add effects, and just make it appear nice. iMovie is okay, but I want something better that some pros use. :slight_smile: THANKS

Unfortunately, I think iMovie is probably going to be your best bet if you want something decent but free. In the end, the editing software is only a third of producing something decent. Camera is important but most important is you, the producer. Having good lighting, good shots, and just putting the whole thing together afterwards is key.

Professional software is going to come with a price. I currently own the Adobe software suite and use Adobe Premiere for things. Cost-wise, you’re looking at the cost of slightly less than the YYR Dazzler yoyo for a year’s subscription :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its a yoyo video not a James Cameron film.

We as yoyoers like to watch tricks in good quality.

Just get a good camera and Windows movie maker. And some nice and music to top it up would be great.

1 Like

I don’t know if you’re in school or not, but you might be able to get a discount on Adobe software through your school! I’m just starting college this year doing Computer Science and I know anyone in the “engineering department” can get all of the Adobe stuff free.

1 Like

just use windows movie maker. Maybe if you keep making yoyo videos then move on to something better and higher quality I would say

right now my setup is

-my moms Samsung s5 for video
-windows movie maker
-a blacklight if im indoors so the string shows up better on camera

“really you dont need a good camera or editing software to make quality content” - Matthew Patrick of Game Theory

I have to agree with a lot of people here, windows movie maker works great. Make sure you have a good camera and shoot at the right angle, add some music in it like parvar said. and you got yourself a yoyo video. Be creative and I bet you will come out with something great.

1 Like