yoyo type string

using a yoyo jam legacy and type 10 string poly , just getting into slack tricks , but the strings always curls up . is this me, the yoyo or string ?

Your tension is to tight. Just loosen it

Its the string tension, loosen it. Take the string off your finger and let it untwist.

Or learn UFO or sidewinder. :wink:

2 Likes

d4rqk0n3, that’s an interesting variation of tension adjustment. Similar in some ways to the sidewinder.

Yeah, my point in striking out your post was that UFO and Sidewinder are VERY difficult to do (if at all possible) on an unresponsive yoyo, so since the OP was talking about slacks I assumed they aren’t using a responsive throw. So in which case I believe that Glasseye’s method is the simplest and easiest way to manage string tension with an unresponsive yoyo, I have my own variation of that as I tend to over tighten or over loosen my string so I figured out by using this method that I can do it in both directions depending on the direction of the spin. Your welcome to those of you who haven’t seen it yet. :smiley:

^
The problem with that is that it takes too much time to get into the mount (competitively speaking)

this way is much faster:

The question was not speaking about a competition now was it? The OP was talking about how they are trying to LEARN, not COMPETE. :smiley:

Really? Sidewinder is quite easy on an unresponsive yoyo. But anyway

The same trick can be done out of a split bottom mount, if that mount doesn’t really suit you.

My son does the sidewinder almost exclusively. It does take a bind right as you swing the yoyo out to the side. This being on an unresponsive yoyo.

even then it does take a considerably longer amount of time especially if you over/under loosen. But it is a reputable way to loosen tension.