Yoyo tilting

For some reason my variant yoyo keeps tilting when I throw a sleeper or whenever I try doing tricks

1 Like

make sure your throwing straight and that your throwing hard

5 Likes

Don’t turn your hand until the yoyo is on the end of the string. Don’t worry, practice will fix this…

4 Likes

The yoyo will tilt a bit if you throw it and watch it spin. It’s not as noticeable when doing tricks.

5 Likes

Not related to this post but happy birthday

2 Likes

Plane control takes practice. Start with getting your throw straight. During tricks, stings touching the side it can cause tilt. By that I mean, for example, if you are in trapeze, push your throw hand away from you and pull your non throw hand toward you and watch what happens. The more you practice you’ll learn plane control and how to correct the yoyo when its starts going off plane.

3 Likes

I’ve had yoyos with flat bearings precess, like spin a bit to the right or left, never had one really start to tilt when sitting there in a sleeper

2 Likes

If the yoyo tilts to the right twist your wrist a bit to the left as you throw, and vice versa. Adjust tilt as needed. Practice will develop the required muscle memory.

2 Likes