Yoyo tattoo suggestions

The 5A symbol is dope.

If only I was that good :sweat_smile:

Thats a cool idea. Tattered dragon wings could be nice too.

Didn’t end up getting one today, let my wife take my spot. My buddy wants to do a stickeresque new realism yoyo for me, will get it soon. Probably with skeletal wings. Pic related though, it’s my wife’s new tat!

I’ll post mine when I get it though :wink:

6 Likes

I always thought the indent the string makes in your finger would make a dope tattoo but who would want to not throw for weeks waiting for it to heal. Also over time it would just look like a black band.

Jensen’s art is also a great source.

4 Likes

Or maybe this, also by @docpop I’m sure he’d be thrilled to see someone liked it so much they got a tattoo of it!

9 Likes

Exactly like what I was thinking! Maybe I’ll get this, but with some color to make it pop!

2 Likes

That is what I was talking about!Would look great as a tattoo imo

2 Likes

I got the one drop logo tattooed back in 2009 before it changed to the current one, and I have a works skywalker on the same arm. They’re the only tattoos that I don’t regret hahahaha

2 Likes

I had mine customized for the Southern Arizona chapter of Death Eaters.

4 Likes

Y’all got me real curious what goes on at a Death Eaters meet up?!?

5 Likes

I’m assuming alot of death is consumed

4 Likes

Basically:

5 Likes

That would be really cool. Only thing, hands are pretty hard to draw. Even harder to tattoo them. Just very easy to tell if they are a little off.

Exactly. I’m confident my dude will slay it, but you gotta consider how it’ll age/stretch.

1 Like

when i was getting one of my tattoos i was thinking of getting some gloved mickey mouse hands doing a double or nothing since that’s like the beginning of learning all the mounts. with kanji that would say “practice daily”. i opted out of this since it was to big of an idea and went with a pencil since i draw more.

when it comes to age/fading any light colored ink. i.e white/yellows/light greens and water color style tattoos fade real fast. stretch is dependent on position. so be cautions on that.

i think the above ideas are cool. But from talking from my various tattoo artist, let them come up with a design, not all of them like to copy paste on skin since its not their original art and doesn’t help with their portfolio. give em a cool concept and revise with them till your both satisfied. That creates a cool tattoo IMO.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Which is why I say, indeed, the final choice is the artists. I’d rather have something good than something I thought of.

2 Likes

well can’t wait to see what you guys come up with.

if it helps, pick like 3 photos that you like concept/style wise and 3 photos that you don’t like, you may not like realism or sailor jerrys. this really helps narrow down an idea.
depending on your artist personal style you can do the same with their portfolio.

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to let it fully heal before I posted pics, then I forgot about it. Anyways, special thanks to @DocPop for the design inspiration!

16 Likes

So rad! Thanks for sharing it and shout out to Titifreak for the original flying yo-yo design.

4 Likes