Yoyo Suggestions. [ $80-$100 Range]

Hi, Could anyone give me some recommendations on some yoyos in the $80-$100 Range?

The only one I have interest in those ranges are:
One Drop Burnside
I’m not quite as interested in the One Drop Dietz, or DANG. I’m also interested in the Cafe Racer, but that’s below your price range. I intend to pick up these 4 fairly soon. Since I don’t have them, I can’t speak about them intelligently.

Of what I do have in that price range:
The H-Spin Corli Prototype is nice. I think a big over-priced, but not a bad yoyo. Plays really good and is smooth and stable. I like this general shape and I have many others like it. The C3 YoYoDesign Di base is another yoyo I have in mind but again, below your price range.

The One Drop Code 1 is a favorite of mine, super stable and long spinning. The 54 is great as well, being more of an organic shape and feels great in the hand. The MarkmontNext is really nice too, it’s like what a dv888 wants to be when it grows up, but that should also tell you it’s a bit undersized, but it’s also heavier. At 67 grams, the MM is the heaviest of the One Drops I’ve mentioned in this group and it also does not use side effects. The Code 1 and the 54 both use side effects. The problem might be getting some of these. Each play very differently due to size, shapes and weights. I’m easy to please and like variety. The Code 1 comes in at 56mmm in diameter, making it kind of large. The 54 is, well, 54mm in diameter, putting it right at full sized. The MMN is 50mm, placing it in the undersized category.

Note: I also have the YYF dv888, and that’s where I came up with the comparison. I like it, but it’s not going to be a favorite.

CLYW doesn’t offer you a whole lot. However, the Campfire and the Fools Gold Avalanche are options that I suggest you try. I like a Matterhorn Avalanche and if I had the spare cash right now, the Fools Gold would be heading my way right now. The Campfire is undersized but still fantastic. Of the 7 CLYW"s I have, the Avalanche is my favorite. The organic shapes fit nice in the hand, move nice through the air and are visually pleasing to look at and feel fantastic being played.

Jumping outside your spending zone on the LOW side, if you’re into metal/plastics, I really enjoy the YYJ Phenomizm, although I like the all metal Phenom much more, but the Phenom is above your spending range. If you like one, you’ll like the other, but chances are if you dislike one, you’ll hate both. Again, I like those V-shapes, so if you’re not into that, then forget it. I’m waiting to get a Meteor. The Hiroyuki Suzuki signature yoyos I’ve found to be very agreeable with me. I also have other YYJ purchases planned fairly soon as I do like their product offerings, ranging from “cheap plastics” to some of their upper/midrange metal/plastics(XCon Pro), and the high-priced one being a Meteor.

YYF makes a lot in that price range for all metal, but I don’t have any YYF metals in those price ranges.

Really, in the $80-100 range, there are a lot of fantastic choices. Your problem is really going to be choosing. You’re going to have to apply your preferences into the equation. If you’re totally open, this can be a really fun experience. If you have preferences, that will help you narrow things down. Either way, I don’t think you’re going to end up with something you’re not going to enjoy a lot. I’m pulling from what I have now in hand and from what I want to get. Your tastes may differ from mine, so take what I say with a grain of salt, so to speak.

Hi there, is there anything you prefer in yo-yos? Such as size, shape (H shape, classic shape, etc.), finish, or anything else?

If you do not have any, I agree with Mr. Studio42, the OneDrop Burnside is an amazing throw that is on par in performance and stability with more expensive yo-yos. Caribou Lodge’s Fools Gold Avalanche is also a steal for only $95; sometimes, it is very hard to notice the differences between the Fools Gold version and the “A-grade” option. Comes with a free t-shirt too!

My personal recommendation is the C3 Darkstar. It fits right along your budget of $100, and it is forgiving on bad throws. It glides through the strings with ease, the catch zone is generous, and I like the “shine” it has. It also comes with weight rings for more stability if you want!

The first thing that comes to the mind when someone mentions a throw around $90 is the YYF Genesis. I have not played with it before, but the Genesis is just that…famous. Decent in 1A, and a legend in 5A.

At $80, there’s the ILYY Void. It’s one of my favorites. Super smooth, stable, has a good amount of weight to it, but doesn’t feel like a rock at all. Nice and comfy to hold. The only thing is that I don’t really like the Candondized surface for grinds (although it looks really nice).

At $100, there’s the OneDrop DANG. This is a new purchase for me, so I haven’t had a lot of time with it. At first, I didn’t think I would like this yoyo. It looks kind of weird and thought it wouldn’t be very comfortable. Turns out, it’s actually a great yoyo! The curved surface is comfortable to hold and great for finger grinds. It’s nice and stable like the Code1, but I like the DANG more. I have the nickle one (it’s a tad heavier than the standard ones, which is perfect for me. Depends on if you like the extra weight or not I guess).

At just over $100, there’s the SPYY Pro, another one of my favorite yoyo’s. I love the shape of this yoyo. Similar to the Void in that it’s got some weight, but you can easily move it around. Really nice and stable and has a great surface for grinding.

If you like rounder shaped yoyo’s (like me) then there’s the OneDrop 54. Not as stable as some of the H-Shape yoyo’s, but really smooth and fun.

not a lot to go on as far as guide lines, so ill just make a reccomendation or two…

YYF supernova… comes in two varieties (by weight) in just about your range, plenty of colors, can be a real speed demon, and has plenty of stability

YYF genesis… also comes in two varieties (hubstack status) a slower yoyo focused on maximum stability and sleep capability, also many colors to choose from

YYF/turning point colaboration the chaotic: right in the middle of your price range… a lot like the genesis but more focus on the rim weight… i dont have one, but i suspect it plays faster than the genesis…

SPYY and One Drop also have many 100 buck throws worth looking at… dont limit yourself to one company

Harold owens catalyst the center trac really makes a difference.

No question, One Drop Burnside. I have a bunch of yo-yos now and that is by far the best I have ever thrown and I have some great high end throws. The Dang by One drop is good and the code 1 both at 100 are great. However the Burnside is just sick!

a yoyo I think is extremely underrated and untalked about - the spyy revenger
I got one for christmas, and it plays super well. It’s one of my smoothest, plays moderately light and floaty, and it’s not too shabby on grinds or horizontal play due to it’s wider profile. Plus have you seen that lazer engraving and the colour ways? That thing is dang good lookin’. :wink:
If you’re into thumb grinds, it has a pretty decent IRG, and the matador spikes on it are alright. They’re not as good as the remnant 2’s spikes (those things are AMAZING. Next best thing to hubstacks, but with no vibe) but they’re pretty good. The wider shape might make it harder to use them though.

Thank you all for your suggestions so far. Im actually taking some of the yoyos into consideration. But at this point im open to any yoyo you guys suggest. :slight_smile:

Ive only thrown two pro yoyos in my life so i cant say much but if it were me i would get the burnside.

I would also suggest the genesis but i dont that its in your price range.

Yoyos with h like shapes work great. (genesis, superstar shape) for looks, acid washes look awesome. Sometimes solid anodized colors look cool. Don’t really go for the yoyofactory Hubstacks because they get boring. You should also get like a 10 ball or centertrak baring. Hope this helped you. :wink: