yoyo string

I’m looking to get some YYE 100% poly string and I was wondering if twisted string lasts pretty long? Ive had regular white string and colored string, in my preference, so far, color string lasts longer and stays together better than regular white string. That is why I am asking because since it is twisted, i’m not sure if it will stay together better or start untwisting after awhile like white poly string? Thanks!

All yoyo string is twisted, and some hold tension better than others. Personally, I prefer kitty string to the YYE poly, but that’s just me.

1 Like

I prefer Kitty also. I get some YYE sometimes though because of the YYE colour. :wink: I like having a few plain ol’ white strings around sometimes, too, and the YYE stuff cuts the mustard well enough.

I find it too short and a little too thick, but its perfect for offstring

Well i get that it is all twisted, but I meant the color twisted string. And ok, well I have not used kitty string before, but I was planning on getting some 5 packs of YYE colored poly because I like using colored string, it tends to last longer than white string for me. Plus I am not looking to spend a whole bunch of money.

If your throwing 1A, if your looking for cheap string, you can’t beat nylon kitty. The twisted string looks cool, but it is more expensive.

I do mainly 1a so far and ok, because YYE poly string is $1.50 for 5 packs whether its twisted or not. I’ve also heard some people say that kitty string is really good

If you can afford it, I would buy a 100 pack. It’s really a lot better deal.

What kind of kitty string is the best for doing technical string tricks and slack tricks such as revolutions and suicides??

All of them. Do you like thin, normal, or slightly (and in this case, I really mean SLIGHTLY… don’t let their marketing write-up fool you) bigger?

I’d lean towards the Fat, myself. But the normal is just fine. I’ve never tried the thin, but I can’t see how it would be a hindrance for anything requiring a nice open loop.

I haven’t really had the chance the try different strings, so that’s why I am asking for peoples preference because I don’t have the time or the money to buy different types of strings. Most people say kitty string is good and cheap as well.

Yup, you will be able to do whatever you want to do with Kitty string. And it’s not too expensive. It’s a win-win for you! :slight_smile: