String help?

I wasn’t too sure where to post this question I figured this was the best place.

Alright, I was wondering if the kitty string is worth the 3 extra bucks over the normal yoyoexpert string? I have read that it’s nice, but is it really worth the extra money? And I know 3 dollars isn’t really anything, but I don’t want to have to spend it if it’s not necessary haha. Thanks in advance for the info. :slight_smile:

Personally, I like the kitty strings better than the yye polys. I think the kitty strings are a little gentler and softer than the yye strings. It’s easier on the hands :smiley:

Like burns and cracks in your fingers? That’s all I can think of as far as wear on hands cause that’s what happens when I play for a few hours haha.

I find YYE string, as is, works fine for me. Why? Pre-tied and just the right length! I guess if you’re around 5-foot, 6 inches, it’s a good fit!

Kitty string comes without the loop already tied and on top of that it’s longer. For me at least, it forces me to choose my string length and tie the knot. No big deal.

Is it worth the extra $3? Maybe. Buy a small pack and try it out and see if you like it over regular YYE bulk 100% poly. If you like it, then it’s worth it and buy in bulk.

That reminds me I may change my current order to be Kitty string instead of YYE 100% poly… I mean, it’s only $3 and I can always use more string.

Thanks man! I think I’ll just go for the bulk kitty cant hurt to try it out and worst case scenario I’m stuck with it for like a month haha.

Dangit! Studio always beats me to giving advice. :wink: But I think it would be a good idea to buy the 10 pack of Kitty String just to test it out. The choice is yours though, go for the 100 pack if you really want it. :slight_smile:

Pre-tied strings and I just don’t get along. They’re always just a tiny bit too long but not long enough for me to tie a fresh loop in without making them way too short. I always have to untie the pre-tied loops and go form there.

Anyway, back to the OP, I find Kitty strings to be a lot gentler on my poor non-throwhand pointer finger than every other poly out there.

Yuki