Yoyo string keeps getting inbetween bearing when I play

Help I am a beginner and my yoyo string keeps getting inbetween my bearing when I play

2 Likes

Whenever I put the bearing on it doesn’t click on and is loose

1 Like

Are you using a flat bearing? Switching to a concave can help. Also you can use thicker string or double wrap the string. Also make sure you put the string on after you screw the yoyo together.

1 Like

Yeah I’m using a flat bearing and yeah I thought that it’s probably that the string is too thin or something.

1 Like

I’ve had that problem with a yoyo when I was just beginning and it was because everything was not put together properly. My bearing was not clicked into the bearing seat properly and the halves were not screwed together straight. Welcome to the forum by the way. String thickness should not be a factor. If you can post photos that may help us help you. Also, when taking things apart and putting things back together be careful and do it slowly - it’s just a yoyo but all the parts, like any machine, needs to be properly put together to function correctly.

2 Likes

With some flat bearings and plastic yoyos, I find no matter what I do that string will sometimes slip into the bearing seat.

1 Like

The bearing is clicked in and doesn’t fall out, I screw the yoyo as much as I can and it still doesn’t work? Here is a photo if it helps.

1 Like

The rubber things keep coming loose aswell

1 Like

uh u need to glue in the response pad (rubber thing) if you dont want to buy a replacement i suspect that it isnt getting stuck in the bearing, but it is actually getting stuck in the response pad

1 Like

also, make sure that ur screwing it in straight

I’m pretty sure its not In between the pads because when I open it up after it gets stuck its behind the bearing not the pads

1 Like

I don’t want to drive you crazy but can you post a pic of the string when it is caught between the bearing and the half? That response pad should be pushed down. Sticking out will cause problems and if it does not stay down it needs replacing.

1 Like

I always screw it in straight aswell

1 Like

this is a good idea, we could find out the prob easier if u send a pic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah it gets caught in there after like 1 minute of playing with

1 Like

ok did you buy the yoyo as a responsive yoyo?

Yeah its a magic yoyo k1

1 Like

then did it come with an extra shorter axle?

No it didn’t

1 Like

Wow! It’s hard to believe it came like that! Wrong size axle!

1 Like