Yoyo songs

What is a good song to go to a contest and yoyo to? They have to be fast and beat-full you know? Jensen kimmitt’s song choice was excellent. What are others that hasn’t been used by anyone too famous

It doesn’t have to be fast, just pick a song you love and yo-yo to it

1 Like

I know mark montgomery tends to have very dynamic/powerfull tunes with a groovy beat and a phat bass

If I were to prepare a specific set, I’d go with some dubstep tune that has a lot of breaks in it

for a freestyle I’d probably go with some more “four to the floor” kind of electronic stuff to give my play some steady rythm, or maybe some oldschool uptempo punk rock, something like oldschool suicidal tendencies and whatnot

I guess it depends on the set and how educated you are in the music culture, I could suggest you a few tunes if you’re out of ideas, I listen to virtually everything that was produced between the 30’s and now.

Just pick a song your favourite player used in Worlds. :wink:

when im throwing 4a i always listen to the leakspin song lol :o

Something by Dr. Octagon, like 3000. Yeah. That would be awesome.
Really though, it just needs to be like 3 minutes and easy for you to yoyo to. It’s all preference man.

4a at PNWR im usin rocketeer and 5a im usin mt eden dubstep seirrra leone what josh yee used a nationals

^Commas are your friend.

Anyway, I do have a suggestion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Cj2yeG1Yw

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHG2rSgMYwk

Dude you just gotta find what works for you. One of my favorite routines was a 2A routine done to the “Rocky Horror Picture Show” theme song. I think this was it.

I can’t access any vimeo stuff on school computers so I hope this is the right routine.

Can’t go wrong with some Daft Punk!
I like Derezzed by them and Aerodynamic but I’m not fast enough to yoyo to them…

For me:
Nas
Jay-Z
Lupe Fiasco
Biggie Smalls
Tupac
Dr. Dre
Blu
Aesop rock
Gangstarr
DMX

And a bunch of others.

For you:

Yes. Just Yes. We’re best friends.

I’ve always wanted a friend!

ive dreamed of having a freind

its actually the time warp which is near the beginning of the movie but not the opening theme. nevertheless its an awesome song and performance  :slight_smile:

IS that thing still around?

I’ve been wanting to take my buddies to a showing

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger! 8)

It pops up in random theaters every now and then. Don’t know why.

Hadoe, me and you. Dr. Who Marathon, followed by a shwing of Moulin Rouge and a theatre show of RHPS. Aye?

To me, it depends on your style of play. If you are in to speed play, pick a song that is very fast and “jumpy”. If you are in to “smooth” play, pick a song that flows really well.